Tom Tom Rider V2 - FJR mount and Cardo Scala Headset - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Tom Tom Rider V2 - FJR mount and Cardo Scala Headset

Have just invested in a new shiny Tom Tom Rider V2 for my trusty FJR. Once I received it and opened the box, all looked great. The only problem was how to fix it to the FJR as the supplied mount is for round handle bars, not cast ones like mine.

No problem, I called Bob Telfer at www.Telferizer.com (+44(0)161 476 5701) and he posted out one of his own RAM mounts for the FJR and it arrived next day! The Telferizer RAM mount replaces one of the standard bar mounting bolts and fitted a treat (see pics). It even angled right when I had my Baglux fitted without obscuring the clocks. Nice one Bob!

Also, I tried to fit the Cardo Scala (supplied) bluetooth headset to my Schuberth C1 and 'no can do'. The bottom lip design prevents the fitting of the Cardo mount without so drilling and fixing mods which I was not prepared to do to my lid. I gave up and fitted it to my old Vemar flip lid instead!

Once fitted it works a treat with the mobile and TT voice com up to about 50mph then it gets drowned out a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Farkle Trainee

Glad to hear you got it sorted Trueblue, I have same setup and used the Migsel fjr mount which is again superb, thing doesnt wobble at all. I am very pleased with the Rider V2, its a real quality bit of kit.
out of interest, I recently bought a new 650 V Strom for local plodding about and got the suzuki offer of a Zumo 550 for 99 ( which I took of course ) ,
comparing the two, Garmin is again a quality bit of gear but the Tom Tom is better to use, garmin on screen maps not as good, voice promts way too quiet even on max, and although both have some good points the other doesnt, I'm glad I have the Tom Tom for the FJR. both traffic updates and speed camera warnings are MUCH better as well.
that Scarlo rider headset's a good bit of gear as well with volume increasing as noise goes up, i'm well chuffed, and glad I got the wife to buy it for me at christmas !!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 05:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Waldy you've got a PM.

FJR gone sorry chaps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

TomTom v2

I also had Bob send me a special mount for my TT and it screws into one of the handlebar fixing bolt holes. Good as gold and puts the screen right where you want it and out of the tank bag area as well. Fitted a power lead to the battery and that sorts out the charging of the TT. Voice and directions good on the intercom version of the bluetooth headsets up to around 70mph (who goes faster??) and fits to my Shoei flip helmet. Waldy I find that the screen fades into nothing in bright light on my TT but U guess thats why you have the headset!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Farkle Trainee

I know, to be fair so does the Garmin, its the technology they use for the screens. i think the Garmin screen is slightly better in this respect but its still a problem in very bright direct sunlight, but as i'm in the UK its only a problem twice a year !!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page