FJR Owners Forum banner

Make Your Rides Safer with Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Torxe

5K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  rbentnail 
#1 ·

The condition of your tires has a direct impact on your safety on the road. If your tires are underinflated for some reason, your bike may feel harder to operate properly. When the pressure is lower than normal, tires run hot resulting in their fast deterioration. One moment they can even fail completely, which means you will almost certainly go down.

When your tires are overinflated, the contact surface reduces resulting in loss of traction, especially on gravel or bumpy roads. Besides, a puncture can happen at any moment. It would be great to have a system that can monitor the state of your tires at all times and warn you in case of a sudden loss of pressure or when its level is too low or too high. Today, we can offer an affordable solution by Torxe - a portable TPMS Kit that can be mounted securely on your handlebar.

TORXE™ TPMS-02 - 2-Tire TPMS Kit - MOTORCYCLEiD.com

Specifications:
Frequency: 433.92MHz
Monitor display output voltage: DC5V
Monitor working temperature: -4ºF - 176ºF (-20ºC - 80ºC)
Monitor storage temperature: -22ºF - 185ºF (-30ºC - -85ºC)
Monitor dimensions: 2.28"L x 1.89"W x 0.90"H (58mmL x 48mmW x 23mmH)
Monitor weight: 1.83 oz. (52g)
Sensor transmission power: <10dBm
Sensor working temperature: -40ºF - 176ºF (-40ºC - 80ºC)
Sensor storage temperature: -40ºF - 185ºF (-40ºC - 85ºC)
Sensor pressure range: 0-87 psi (0-6 bar)
Sensor pressure accuracy: ± 1.5 psi (± 0.1 bar)
Sensor temperature accuracy: ± 6.3ºF (± 3ºC)
Sensor battery life: more than 2 years
Sensor dimensions: 0.82"D x 0.688"H (21mmD x 17.5mmH)
Sensor weight: 0.31 oz. (9g)
Features:
Monitor displays pressure or temperature for both tires simultaneously
Easily toggles between pressure and temperature displays
Pressure unit selectable (psi or bar)
Temperature unit selectable (Fahrenheit or Celsius)
Warnings for high pressure, low pressure, high temperature, fast leakage, and sensor low battery
Alerts warning with flashing display and audible alarm
Programmable with selectable parameters
The monitor contains a rechargeable battery
Monitor battery recharges via included USB charging cable
Monitor backlight illuminates automatically when ambient light is insufficient
Monitor battery saving mode - shuts down after 15 minutes when the bike is not in motion
2 valve stem mount sensors
Sensors contain CR1632 replaceable lithium batteries
Includes tool to disassemble sensors for battery replacement
Warranty: 1 year

Click on the image to enter the product page for more information.
To browse all available tire pressure monitoring systems, click on the button below:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or call our tech experts at 888.903.4344

See less See more
#4 ·
I ordered the FOBO brand about two weeks ago. However due to the virus they will not be shipped till April 15th, they're coming from Malaysia. I've been corresponding with one of the engineers. He was apologizing for not being able to get them shipped because of lock down. I kept telling him no problem I understand completely... About the FOBO, I like that it will bluetooth to your cellphone. No need for a dash mount device. I also ordered the valve stem tee's

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
It alerts on the screen, if you choose to have it up. Even if you don’t have the screen up, it alerts in your helmet. I use the display when I’m checking pressures, but I never look at it again. Only when I get an audible alarm do I look at pressures while riding, though you can leave it up all the time if you want.

For the rare rider that does not have a smartphone up and also does not have any audio going into their helmet, a handlebar display would be better.

I think the one in this thread looks cool. I just already have Fobo and find it to be superb.

#11 ·
It alerts on the screen, if you choose to have it up. Even if you don't have the screen up, it alerts in your helmet. I use the display when I'm checking pressures, but I never look at it again. Only when I get an audible alarm do I look at pressures while riding, though you can leave it up all the time if you want.

For the rare rider that does not have a smartphone up and also does not have any audio going into their helmet, a handlebar display would be better.

I think the one in this thread looks cool. I just already have Fobo and find it to be superb.
FOBO will even play its Klaxon horn sound in the middle of the night if a cold front lowers your tire pressure enough...

#12 ·
I have only needed the alert feature on my TPMS once in 5+ years. One morning I left the house and the flashing display alerted me that front tire was at 34 psi. I use my TPMS daily as I ride - it gives me great confidence going into curves, and I have detected a nail in my tire way before I reached my lower alert limit. My normal pressure is 42 psi, my lower limit is set to 35 psi. Nails often show as very slow leaks, so if I suddenly see 40 psi I know there is something wrong. I like to be able to fix this immediately rather than waiting a few more days until my TPMS alerts me...but that's just me.

Reactions: passx
#19 ·
I bought the system from amazon that was recommended here a few years ago, I made a bracket so it mounts on the dash in plain view, best money I’ve spent on my bike, need to buy a couple more to go on my antiques that I ride, just need to install the “t” valves first. Best money I’ve spent on my fjr !

#20 ·
I think I've finally joined the TPMS Techno Club! Never thought I would but what the heck, it was a deal I couldn't bring myself to say no to. A fella over on the Garmin Zumo forum had 3 Garmin sensors for $110. They normally go for about $70 each. So I bought them and will see how it goes with the 595LM I got last year. Wish me luck!

#23 ·
#22 ·
I have a Michelin tyre pressure monitoring system on mine, the readout is on a small display unit that sits in a base that I have stuck on the steering head nut. The display alternates from front to rear so every time I loook down at the speedo I also see the tyre pressures.

#25 ·
The BR/CR1225's are hard to find, Garmin I think is the only ones that uses them, everyone else seems to be into the 16mm diameter ones. Order from US sources on ebay, either Panasonic or Energizer, no off-brands. Lithiums are good for 10+ years in storage, should be very close or at 3V as received, provided you don't use a multimeter on "battery" function which adds a load.
With the Garmin sensors, I was concerned the contacts weren't pressing hard enough and it helps to cave in the metal loop a bit to get better contact.

#33 ·
Get real! You're telling me you go through the whole shebang, including checking tire pressure, after every single stop? No way I'm doing that. I generally check tires once per week or so and plan to keep doing so but on my hands and knees in the pouring rain after stopping for a cuppajoe? Nope.

#32 ·
The batteries I ordered from less than 120 miles away are scheduled to arrive on or about May 13th. Amazing......

#34 ·
I check tires at the beginning of the day and then if there's a big elevation or temperature change or if I get paranoid about something. The same reason I didn't get an ES or one with e-suspension. More tech to fail, more costs to suck up or (like some) shine on and sell the bike to some hapless schlub that doesn't know the ignored mess they're inheriting.

But that's me and, as above, YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.