Make Your Rides Safer with Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Torxe - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
JRowners.com Sponsors
Trainee Sport Tourer

Make Your Rides Safer with Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Torxe

The condition of your tires has a direct impact on your safety on the road. If your tires are underinflated for some reason, your bike may feel harder to operate properly. When the pressure is lower than normal, tires run hot resulting in their fast deterioration. One moment they can even fail completely, which means you will almost certainly go down.

When your tires are overinflated, the contact surface reduces resulting in loss of traction, especially on gravel or bumpy roads. Besides, a puncture can happen at any moment. It would be great to have a system that can monitor the state of your tires at all times and warn you in case of a sudden loss of pressure or when its level is too low or too high. Today, we can offer an affordable solution by Torxe a portable TPMS Kit that can be mounted securely on your handlebar.

TORXE TPMS-02 - 2-Tire TPMS Kit MOTORCYCLEiD.com

Specifications:
Frequency: 433.92MHz
Monitor display output voltage: DC5V
Monitor working temperature: -4F - 176F (-20C - 80C)
Monitor storage temperature: -22F - 185F (-30C - -85C)
Monitor dimensions: 2.28L x 1.89W x 0.90H (58mmL x 48mmW x 23mmH)
Monitor weight: 1.83 oz. (52g)
Sensor transmission power: <10dBm
Sensor working temperature: -40F - 176F (-40C - 80C)
Sensor storage temperature: -40F - 185F (-40C - 85C)
Sensor pressure range: 0-87 psi (0-6 bar)
Sensor pressure accuracy: 1.5 psi ( 0.1 bar)
Sensor temperature accuracy: 6.3F ( 3C)
Sensor battery life: more than 2 years
Sensor dimensions: 0.82D x 0.688H (21mmD x 17.5mmH)
Sensor weight: 0.31 oz. (9g)
Features:
Monitor displays pressure or temperature for both tires simultaneously
Easily toggles between pressure and temperature displays
Pressure unit selectable (psi or bar)
Temperature unit selectable (Fahrenheit or Celsius)
Warnings for high pressure, low pressure, high temperature, fast leakage, and sensor low battery
Alerts warning with flashing display and audible alarm
Programmable with selectable parameters
The monitor contains a rechargeable battery
Monitor battery recharges via included USB charging cable
Monitor backlight illuminates automatically when ambient light is insufficient
Monitor battery saving mode shuts down after 15 minutes when the bike is not in motion
2 valve stem mount sensors
Sensors contain CR1632 replaceable lithium batteries
Includes tool to disassemble sensors for battery replacement
Warranty: 1 year

Click on the image to enter the product page for more information.
To browse all available tire pressure monitoring systems, click on the button below:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or call our tech experts at 888.903.4344

Need to repair or upgrade your bike?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4344

|
|
|
|

Knowledge base:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 03:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Where is this system made? China I guess?
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 05:59 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Looks good but the pricing is a little confusing. I use Fobo. Its so good mine is on the second FJR. Best $99 Ive spent on the bike in a long time.
bounce, N4HHE and Sete Bond like this.

No commercials. No dictators.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Farkle Trainee

I ordered the FOBO brand about two weeks ago. However due to the virus they will not be shipped till April 15th, they're coming from Malaysia. I've been corresponding with one of the engineers. He was apologizing for not being able to get them shipped because of lock down. I kept telling him no problem I understand completely... About the FOBO, I like that it will bluetooth to your cellphone. No need for a dash mount device. I also ordered the valve stem tee's
Attached Images
File Type: png NewTvalvedimension_1585698446733.PNG.png (240.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png FOBOBIKE2_BLACK500_1585698491858.png (166.1 KB, 10 views)
bounce and passx like this.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 11:15 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

This is same as Hawkshead and Rupse.. had one back in the day, good system. $79 seems good.
passx and N4HHE like this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-64 View Post
I ordered the FOBO brand about two weeks ago. However due to the virus they will not be shipped till April 15th, they're coming from Malaysia. I've been corresponding with one of the engineers. He was apologizing for not being able to get them shipped because of lock down. I kept telling him no problem I understand completely... About the FOBO, I like that it will bluetooth to your cellphone. No need for a dash mount device. I also ordered the valve stem tee's
Do you always ride with your cell phone mounted on the dash? What if you need GPS on the phone? I personally would prefer a dedicated display of tire status
philharmonic, passx, N4HHE and 1 others like this.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
JRowners.com Sponsors
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
Do you always ride with your cell phone mounted on the dash? What if you need GPS on the phone? I personally would prefer a dedicated display of tire status

Need to repair or upgrade your bike?

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in
or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4344

|
|
|
|

Knowledge base:
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 04:43 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

You dont need to have it on your dash or up on your phone. You can use gps on your phone all day long and Fobo will still alert you if a temp or pressure condition is outside your selected range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
passx likes this.

IBA# 69560
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
You dont need to have it on your dash or up on your phone. You can use gps on your phone all day long and Fobo will still alert you if a temp or pressure condition is outside your selected range.

Where is this alert, meaning how do you know its alerting you? Some of us, well at least me, are technically challenged. I dont want to have to pair three different devices all talking to each other to find out I have a tire going flat.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

It alerts on the screen, if you choose to have it up. Even if you don’t have the screen up, it alerts in your helmet. I use the display when I’m checking pressures, but I never look at it again. Only when I get an audible alarm do I look at pressures while riding, though you can leave it up all the time if you want.

For the rare rider that does not have a smartphone up and also does not have any audio going into their helmet, a handlebar display would be better.

I think the one in this thread looks cool. I just already have Fobo and find it to be superb.
bounce and Dyeman like this.

IBA# 69560

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 04-01-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page