Make Your Rides Safer with Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Torxe - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 10:42 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Thanks. So far no good. I think I probably need new batteries for the sensors but I'm finding they as rare as hen's teeth. Seems the BR/CR1225 battery for the sensors is the same popular size used in digital thermometers and given the present state of the world there are none to be had locally. This is one of those things I got burned with ordering online- cheap batteries 6 y/o is what I got. So for now I'll do without.
I've had good luck with Energizer from Amazon, search for B001U1S1IQ, $7.95 for (5).

The BR is longer life than CR.

Markets are flooded with bogus "name brand" lithium coin cells. The above source seems to be legit.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 01:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The batteries I ordered from less than 120 miles away are scheduled to arrive on or about May 13th. Amazing......

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 01:34 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
More tech to fail when you eventually become dependent on it. A good pressure gauge and T-Clock before each ride and before getting back on after a break.
Get real! You're telling me you go through the whole shebang, including checking tire pressure, after every single stop? No way I'm doing that. I generally check tires once per week or so and plan to keep doing so but on my hands and knees in the pouring rain after stopping for a cuppajoe? Nope.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 08:47 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I check tires at the beginning of the day and then if there's a big elevation or temperature change or if I get paranoid about something. The same reason I didn't get an ES or one with e-suspension. More tech to fail, more costs to suck up or (like some) shine on and sell the bike to some hapless schlub that doesn't know the ignored mess they're inheriting.

But that's me and, as above, YMMV.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 05:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
I think I've finally joined the TPMS Techno Club! Never thought I would but what the heck, it was a deal I couldn't bring myself to say no to. A fella over on the Garmin Zumo forum had 3 Garmin sensors for $110. They normally go for about $70 each. So I bought them and will see how it goes with the 595LM I got last year. Wish me luck!
The instructions for these say to pair with your [compatible] device and says how. I supposedly have a compatible device with the Garmin 595LM. One step is of course is to go to Apps/Tire Pressure & follow the instructions. For the life of me, I could not find that d**n app anywhere. I went through every drop down submenu I could find- no Tire Pressure app.

That is until I discovered what the instructions don't say- the app is available only when in the motorcycling modus operendi. I don't use motorcycling mode. I got led astray way too many times by the motorcycling mode. Even when following a route, the motorcycling mode constantly wanted me to deviate from it. I always have the driving mode selected. All my routes in Base Camp have been converted to the driving mode. When I make a new route it's in the driving mode. I refuse to go back to the clusterf**k of motorcycling mode.

This sux. Anyone want to buy 3 Garmin sensors and 5 new lithium batteries? usd$120 for all of it, shipping CONUS included.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page