What Did You Do To Your FJR Today? - Page 189 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1881 of 1883 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I installed the Puig touring screen instead of the standard one. Much better wind protection even for the hands. Still not getting the wind over the helmet so I will buy the Puig deflector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1882 of 1883 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 11:03 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I am not a fan of the PR4 front, the tread pattern just begs for scalloping. I'd use almost anything else in combo with your favourite rear.
I can't say it is the tread pattern or what but agree the last 25% or more of tread life the PR4 is less pleasant than it could be. My last PR4GT front was 4 years ago. Have mounted 4-6 for a friend since. His FJR steered horribly when I replaced the front tire last week. Sent him home on my FJR to fetch brake pads and he was amazed at how good it steered. That was the last time my T31 GT front was ridden before I replaced with a PR4GT. I'll give the PR4GT front one last try.

He has always been a Michelin Man. Michelin could do no wrong until he experienced the Road 5. Surprised me to learn he bought a set of Angel ST on sale. Is > 6 months from needing them.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
post #1883 of 1883 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Went for an afternoon ride on some "fun" local roads. Overtook a small H-D group doing the same. They were pushing their bikes pretty hard in the corners, and of course none were wearing adequate PPE. Not wanting anyone to feel challenged, I hung back and enjoyed the ride, following for a few miles, until our paths parted.
Stopped and visited a fellow quarantined co-worker, and stayed later than I should have, resulting in a ride home in the dark. About 5 miles from home, the car I was following hit the brakes hard, and I saw something fly into the ditch. We pulled to the shoulder, the young lady driving was shook, but unhurt. The deer she smoked didn't fair as well. As her car wasn't disabled, after calling in the accident, I thanked her for clearing my path, and continued very s l o w l y, on my way.
Boomer59
N4HHE and Versatek6 like this.

~Yeah, I'm a Boomer. You got a problem with that?!~

2007 FJR AE QuickSilver "The Quickest Color"
1999 XL1200 Sportster "Heritage Custom"
1976 Kawasaki KZ900 "the cow-Wee!" (sold)
1973 Yamaha RD350 "SMOKE'N!" (sold)
1970 MGB "the Wondermobile" Wonder if it'll start? Wonder if it'll stop? Wonder if it'll get me home?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page