What Did You Do To Your FJR Today? - Page 171 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1701 of 1781 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 12:07 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Finally warmed up enough to apply the Real Time Industries reflective fairing decals, and TechSpec tank grips, and panier pads. When I placed my order with TechSpec I requested a couple of extra scrap pieces, which I used to make pads for the trim between the front seat, and tank bottom, and the 90 degree areas at the back of the lower fairing panels, both of which are prone to scratches. The left side panier pad covered the only visible scratches on my bike, caused by not lifting my leg high enough when dismounting (boot scrapes).
I also installed the wireless transmitter, for my Gmax helmet brake light. Installing the transmitter on the bike was easier than changing the helmet light unit, due to the power cable being pinched between the helmet layers resulting in damage to the cable. Some spare wire, and 5 minutes with the soldering iron, and better than new!
Next is installation of the T-Rex engine, and panier guards. I was thinking of painting them to match the bike, but kind of like the contrast of the black guards, against the silver. So they're going on. I can always paint them later if I chose to. I'll post some pictures with my next post.
Insurance is active on Friday, May 1st. Then it's off to the races! (Don't tell my insurance agent I said that)!

~Yeah, I'm a Boomer. You got a problem with that?!~

2007 FJR AE QuickSilver "The Quickest Color"
1999 XL1200 Sportster "Heritage Custom"
1976 Kawasaki KZ900 "the cow-Wee!" (sold)
1973 Yamaha RD350 "SMOKE'N!" (sold)
1970 MGB "the Wondermobile" Wonder if it'll start? Wonder if it'll stop? Wonder if it'll get me home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1702 of 1781 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 05:59 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer59 View Post
(Don't tell my insurance agent I said that)!
It's an AE, no worries. Hopefully you have some downhill riding so you can make it home in time for supper.

Saturday I spent some time cleaning and polishing- once a yr whether it needs it or not! Sunday I had a nice ride in the country with newbie nephew-in-law Chris with his new to him 2013 and his buddy from the big city with an '06. About 150 miles for me. It was nice to oot and aboot, haven't had much of that lately.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1703 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Added some foam pipe wrap to the hard parts around the passenger saddle to keep my wife happy.

Did an oil and filter change, along with fresh gear oil in the final gear.

2007 FJR 1300AE ("Cerulean Silver") - 2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")

post #1704 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

Swapped out the Sargent seats for Yami Comfort seats for a 3.5 hour tour test. Also Wife Inc and I alternated between new HJC Rpha 11 and Shoei X-14 helmets.
Nice loop from Statesville to Mocksville to Harmony to Salisbury and back to States Vegas.
Tons of bikes out "social distancing".

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey
post #1705 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
Swapped out the Sargent seats for Yami Comfort seats for a 3.5 hour tour test. Also Wife Inc and I alternated between new HJC Rpha 11 and Shoei X-14 helmets.
Nice loop from Statesville to Mocksville to Harmony to Salisbury and back to States Vegas.
Tons of bikes out "social distancing".
At least you are out riding, over here in the police state of UK we would be in trouble for riding in the lockdown..road block last week just a mile from my house stopping bikes! and handing out fines...

FJR1300AE 2016 6spd
post #1706 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 09:17 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

New front tire. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. My go-to. Lasts me a year or so. Wore out the last one like I always do, to a chisel point shape.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1707 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 07:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

I installed a Helibar Plate a few months ago and wished the bars were a little higher up, so we decided to install my extra 1" Helibar Riser blocks on the plate. Had to have spare set of throttle cables made several inches longer. Made a difference for me with the added height I set straight up now. I also adjusted the bars IN all the way on the plate. I can see out my stock mirrors MUCH better now as I DON'T see my shoulders in the mirrors now.

While we had the all the plastic off wiring fuse box under the seat, it was a good time for new F2H4 LED headlight bulbs and installed a mint "Brodie" harness Dan purchased.

Used Nolex paste in the "Brodie" 12 volt ground connectors for added insurance.

Big Thanks to Dan (D.B. Cooper ) for all his help with wiring all my 12 volt accessories to the key switched fuse box.

Also a Big Thanks To Rayzenman ... Ray made me a aluminum plate that bolts under the GIVI quick release mount on my SR357. The slotted bolt holes in the plate mount moves the top trunk 3 to 4 inches farther back for more passenger room. My wife LOVES it, Thanks again Ray..

Louis
rbentnail likes this.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #1708 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 07:19 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GENAE View Post
I installed a Helibar Plate a few months ago and wished the bars were a little higher up, so we decided to install my extra 1" Helibar Riser blocks on the plate. Had to have spare set of throttle cables made several inches longer. Made a difference for me with the added height I set straight up now. I also adjusted the bars IN all the way on the plate. I can see out my stock mirrors MUCH better now as I DON'T see my shoulders in the mirrors now.

While we had the all the plastic off wiring fuse box under the seat, it was a good time for new F2H4 LED headlight bulbs and installed a mint "Brodie" harness Dan purchased.

Used Nolex paste in the "Brodie" 12 volt ground connectors for added insurance.

Big Thanks to Dan (D.B. Cooper ) for all his help with wiring all my 12 volt accessories to the key switched fuse box.

Also a Big Thanks To Rayzenman ... Ray made me a aluminum plate that bolts under the GIVI quick release mount on my SR357. The slotted bolt holes in the plate mount moves the top trunk 3 to 4 inches farther back for more passenger room. My wife LOVES it, Thanks again Ray..

Louis
Very nice. I did that in 2017- Heli Top plate with Genmar 1" risers. Huge difference. I saw someone the other day had a Heli -02 model top plate for sale. Nearly bought it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170424_113543574.jpg (272.3 KB, 13 views)
2GENAE likes this.

Russ
2007A

post #1709 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Very nice. I did that in 2017- Heli Top plate with Genmar 1" risers. Huge difference. I saw someone the other day had a Heli -02 model top plate for sale. Nearly bought it!
My Helibar top plate looks different, it bolts to my stock triple tree that looks like it sets back farther. I can't raise the gas tank up with it mounted.

My bars are UP 2" and back 3" from stock now, plus rotated them in 1.5" each end from stock. I can See out my stock mirrors better now.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #1710 of 1781 (permalink) Old 05-11-2020, 04:44 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GENAE View Post
My Helibar top plate looks different, it bolts to my stock triple tree that looks like it sets back farther. I can't raise the gas tank up with it mounted.

My bars are UP 2" and back 3" from stock now, plus rotated them in 1.5" each end from stock. I can See out my stock mirrors better now.
Sounds like what you have is commonly called "The Bridge" from Heli. That came about with the Gen3's. The Gen2's had the option of replacing the entire top plate, first with pullback only (which is what I have pictured) and later with pullback and rise (the -02 model I mentioned). I've heard before that the bridge has to be removed to raise the tank. No such requirement with the top plate replacement.
2GENAE likes this.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page