What Did You Do To Your FJR Today? - Page 107 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 252Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1061 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Recently put on my new Seat Concepts foam and cover and added some rear running lights. Ordered risers today.

The best days to ride end in "Y"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1062 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 04:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

I accidentally left from a stop in second gear! Oh man, it hated that ! Engine knock accompanied by spine tingle !!
So, who hasn't done that ?

Kiwi
1974 Yamaha DT175
1976 Suzuki RM250A
1978 Yamaha TT500
1980 Kawasaki KLX250
1984 Honda 650Nighthawk
1998 BMW R1100RT
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #1063 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 04:45 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiaudio View Post
I accidentally left from a stop in second gear! Oh man, it hated that ! Engine knock accompanied by spine tingle !!
So, who hasn't done that ?
I've done it, but the bike handled it with very little fuss.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
Team Pterodactyl
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

post #1064 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 03:24 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I **** near dropped it 4 times from entering the parking lot at work and getting into a parking space. Idiots went with the lowest bidder to 'repair and re-seal' the whole lot and the final results is both incredibly sticky and slick as snot. Don't ask me how they managed it, but the front end kept trying to slide out from under me in a straight line, then grabbing hard, nearly yanking the bars out of my hands. Hopefully, it sets soon and gets better.

2013 FJR1300A -
post #1065 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 05:17 AM
red
FJR Top Gun

What Did You Do To Your FJR Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSudet View Post
I **** near dropped it 4 times from entering the parking lot at work and getting into a parking space. Idiots went with the lowest bidder to 'repair and re-seal' the whole lot and the final results is both incredibly sticky and slick as snot. Don't ask me how they managed it, but the front end kept trying to slide out from under me in a straight line, then grabbing hard, nearly yanking the bars out of my hands. Hopefully, it sets soon and gets better.
DeSudet,

Sounds like they installed a set of "tar snakes" in the lot. They are really hazardous to you. With a Phoenix summer coming, I doubt that things will get any better for months. My best advice is to drive the cage to work, not the bike, for now. Hate to say it, but there it is; your lot is now a motorcycle minefield. Wishful thinking and a "tough it out" attitude are NOT going to fix anything, there. Dropping the bike is plenty bad enough. Dropping the bike in the path of an oncoming car can ruin your whole day.

Some dirt-bike instruction/experience can be a big help, but the FJR is a heavy bike. If you are leaning or braking when you hit the tar snake, best wishes. Treat them just like patches of ice (close enough, in terms of traction). Choose your riding path to minimize crossing any tar snakes, and slow down on unfamiliar roads that have been "tar snaked.".

If you make the management at work aware of the problem, they may give you a safer place to park the bike, where there are NO tar snakes. If they do not, I would not risk the bike or your health by riding in to work. The risks are large. Maybe you can park the bike on the street, or in some safe place nearby, if you insist on riding in. Do a Google search on "tar snakes" if you think this hazard is rare, or less than dangerous. Many states in the USA repair road cracks using tar snakes, including mine. Scan the road ahead, stay loose, and keep speeds down on these hazardous road surfaces.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).
post #1066 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Farkle Trainee

ordered a yamaha touring screen
Bill Lumberg and Fleuger99 like this.
post #1067 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
I am down to trying to figure out what bar risers and windshield to go for on the 2015A. To many different ones to choose from but then again working 7 day weeks since I got it last November keeps me from riding.

I finished installing the Helibars riser plate yesterday and man, what a difference! I didn't realize how much tension there was on my body in the previous riding position. I am now sitting fully on my butt cheeks instead of on the butt bones. And my whole body is relaxed now because of it. The feeling is similar to the goldwing riding position. The bike went from a sport-tourer to a touring-sporter. Worth every penny.
2015A stock screen and seat. So far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidR8 and 2014oldred like this.
post #1068 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

boxed up my seat. shipping it off tomorrow to be Laaminated.
Bill Lumberg likes this.
post #1069 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Rode back from Helen. Adjusted front and rear preload back to solo settings. Swapped the laam off for OEM for tomorrow's commute just to try it after all this time.

No commercials. No dictators.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #1070 of 1518 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Helen??? thanks for the invite!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page