FJR Owners Forum banner

Hows it going from Colorado. Buyer with Q's

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  tuggy 
#1 ·
How's it going all? I've been lurking for a few days, soaking up tons of info, but now I'm ready. Decided to buy a FJR locally and I'm looking for some advice. I found a minty 08 with 8,600 miles. Only farkles are windshield and frame sliders. The tires are a year old with maybe 1k on them. And needs an oil change. No maintenance records on hand. Elderly 2nd owner. Never been dropped. Current owner purchased at a local dealer.

They are asking at the high end of my budget. $8,600. I'd like too have some room in my budget (10k) for a nice two up seat, top box, GPS, helmets, and maybe canyon cages. I know I'm not gonna be able to swing all those add one at one time, so I will prioritize the best I can. My question is, what would be a fair offer, and some bartering considerations? Any concerns I should look out for when going to see it? KBB has the retail at $8,760 and trade in at $6,120, but I don't know where buying used from owner fits in between these two. Ill be showing up with cash in hand as a bartering tool.

Thanks for the great site, I hope to contribute soon.

Casey

#2 ·
I sold my '06 (only farkle was factory heated grips) with 26K miles on it late last year for $7K so your seller isn't too far off the mark here. You might make him a firm offer of $8K or maybe a bit less and see what happens. His reaction to that will probably tell you where you'll end up. Good luck! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.