Honda dealer also a Yamaha now - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Just found out that our Rocky Honda (exclusive) became a Yamaha dealer as well. I guess Honda finally realized that separating from others it wasn't such a good idea, or at least I hope that's the case. (Yes a few years ago Honda Canada decided to separate from others and create Honda only dealerships.)

Glad they now carry Yamaha as well, good to have more competition in town. They should carry other brands as well.

"If FJR and VStrom 650XT don't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 FJR/ES
2018 VStrom 650XT

Last edited by Damir; 10-23-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 06:37 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Last week I, out of the blue, got a "check engine" light. Close to my work place is a very large motorcycle shop that sell BMW, KTM, Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Indian and Polaris. The Yamaha dealer is at 50 km away so I went to this shop to ask if they can see what code it is about (to know how serious the problem is). They don't have the scaning tool for Yamaha so I got no help. I ask them: you are so big, why not getting bigger by adding Yamaha (and Kawa). They said some brands don't accept other brands in the same showroom so they had to choose. Ducati would not accept Aprilia and Honda would not accept Yamaha.
I don't know about Yamaha, if tbey have such requests.
I live in Sweden, btw.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 06:38 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Did that in the US also. Some dealerships I guessed were 'grandfathered' and didn't have to separate the Honda's from the main building. It's crazy, one should be able to go on the main floor of the dealership and see that dealer's inventory. Although, it is unusual to see Honda and Yamaha together. But this isn't autos, they are motorcycles. Except for the goldwings, their price alone should be at Honda auto dealerships! LOL

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigG View Post
Last week I, out of the blue, got a "check engine" light. Close to my work place is a very large motorcycle shop that sell BMW, KTM, Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Indian and Polaris. The Yamaha dealer is at 50 km away so I went to this shop to ask if they can see what code it is about (to know how serious the problem is). They don't have the scaning tool for Yamaha so I got no help. I ask them: you are so big, why not getting bigger by adding Yamaha (and Kawa). They said some brands don't accept other brands in the same showroom so they had to choose. Ducati would not accept Aprilia and Honda would not accept Yamaha.
I don't know about Yamaha, if tbey have such requests.
I live in Sweden, btw.
yes stupid, they fight about market share, and every brand has their own proprietary testing gear

"If FJR and VStrom 650XT don't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 FJR/ES
2018 VStrom 650XT
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 08:23 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

A dealership near me is comprised of Triumph, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can Am, and Honda in the same building. Of course, to get to the HONDA dealership you have to walk either outside and back in again through their separate front door or through a special door between the dealerships. Ridiculous!

2006 FJR1300A
Central NJ, USA
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 09:30 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

[cue the meme]

You guys have non-HD dealerships near you?

[/meme]

Russ
2007A

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 09:37 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I always thought the Honda Powerhouse strategy was flawed... The Powerhouse dealers here ended up sellling Honda cars as well or they wouldn't have done very well. There is a Honda/Kawi/Suzi dealer here who did not have to comply, as he was the original Honda dealer in Ontario 60 years ago and got to stay as is.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 09:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

FWIW, both the Little Rock, Arkansas, and North Little Rock dealers are combination Honda / Yamaha. They have been for some time.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

the old name was: Rocky Mountain Honda Powerhouse
new name is Rocky Honda Yamaha

apparently they had to drop the "powerhouse", also apparently Honda Canada approached some other dealers to take back Honda, but most refused.

2017 FJR/ES
2018 VStrom 650XT
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Farkle Trainee

We had a Honda "Powerhouse" in London, ON for a couple years. The local multi-line dealer lost their dealership and the Powerhouse opened just down the road from them. They didn't sell cars there but I believe they were run by one of the local Honda car dealerships. You could buy motorcycles, ATVs, generators, lawnmowers, snowblowers, etc. at the Powerhouse. I think that Honda really believed they had or could create brand loyalty that would have their fans shopping for all things Honda in one place. Honda just doesn't have the same brand power as HD or BMW (or Apple). The Powerhouse concept turned out to be a failure and now Honda motorcycles are sold at the same mult-line dealer that they were before the Powerhouse came and went.

Zwartie
bounce likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page