2015 fjr - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

2015 fjr

I have an 89 year old neighbor that owns a virtually new '15 1300A that he no longer is able to ride because it's too heavy for him. The bike only has, I think, about 2500 miles on it and he's the original owner. The guy isn't at all computer savvy to say the least. He and his wife pay a woman to come in once a month to teach them how to use their computer. They would really be out of luck without windows as in DOS. Anyway this computer instructor created an add for him on Craig's List and did a botched up job of it so the bike didn't sell. I mean the add read that it is an A model with electronic suspension no less. What got him interested in the FJR was my bike which I found in '16 and my neighbor went nuts over it and offered to buy it and when I said "NO" he located his left over '15 and began his FJR odyssey. At the time I thought he was really nuts but oh-well.

Anyway, long and short is if anyone is interested in a really clean and pristine '15 let me know and I'll talk to the guy. Oh yeah, he recently bought himself a 3-wheeler that he tears around here on, just nuts! He wanted me to ride with him because as he put it, "I might need somebody to put a bandaid on me". I told him he would need a lot more than a bandaid. lol..lol.. No, I don't ride with him.
I should add that I don't ride with him because he scares me. The guy was in front of me at about 60mph with both hands hanging loosely at his side then he hit a low spot in the pavement and the forks did a quick head shake and I thought he was going into the sand and gravel business literally but the FJR straightened itself out before disaster struck. I decided it was best not to encourage him so I pretty much keep my distance when it comes to riding. Every time I see him take off on his BRP I shudder.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape

Last edited by JamesW; 10-02-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Skype™ to Chicago_FJR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
I have an 89 year old neighbor that owns a virtually new . . . .
Anyway, long and short is if anyone is interested in a really clean and pristine '15 let me know and I'll talk to the guy. Oh yeah, he recently bought himself a 3-wheeler that he tears around here on, just nuts! He wanted me to ride with him because as he put it, "I might need somebody to put a bandaid on me". I told him he would need a lot more than a bandaid. lol..lol.. No, I don't ride with him.

That's just awesome, thanks for sharing! Best wishes to him (and you!) for a safe ride!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

You might mention (if you know) what he will take for it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 05:47 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedelta View Post
You might mention (if you know) what he will take for it.
Yeah, because if you leave it up to us, it will start with $2.25

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2020, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Well, when he offered it to me he said he'd take 9K.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I picked up my 15 ES in July of 2019, with 11k miles for $8,800. Bike had Sargent seats, a Helibridge, Vstream windshield, and stock shield, as well as T-Rex engine guards. $9k seems a bit high for an A model.

I spent most of my money on guns, motorcycles, women, and whiskey. The rest, I just wasted!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 12:38 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
I only hope at 89 I'm still riding something, heck, i hope I make it to 89 period. Ya know, with all that lunacy that you describe, he is still around at 89, selling his FJR, and riding a 3 wheeler! Man, that's something else. He knows about longevity, and staying young at heart. I agree with you about staying a distance from him when riding and let him lead! LOL

Ahhh the land of central Oregon coast, many a rebel around there I suspect. Was through there 2 years ago, my kids tell about a movie filmed there with these big rocks on the shore and out in the ocean. That day that we were there, heavy fog enveloped the shore line, couldn't see anything. Even with that, you live in one of the most spectacular places in the world.

Tell him good luck with the sale.

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2020, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Yes I agree that 9K is a bit high even though it has very low miles still an FJR with 11K miles is like one with no miles anyway and you got an ES to boot. When I found my 2010 1300A in 2016 it only had 950 miles and had been purchased new in 2015 by the original owner. Was a leftover 2010 that never sold because it was in Montana and nobody buys FJRs much in zee beeg sky country. Kind of hard to ride fence line on a FeeJeR I guess. lol..lol..

Ah yes the Oregon Coast. Sounds like you were up around Cannon Beach. I've lived on the coast for just about 40 years. Didn't think I would ever really like the place because to me being raised inland in Southern Oregon I wasn't acclimatized to the cool summers and wet winters but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Just wish the Californians had not begun loving the place so much I mean jeez Louise. I've had them stop in front of my house and ask me if I wanted to sell and to that I say: "Have you seen any flying pigs lately"? More lol..lol..

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page