Fjr vs ........ - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 09:43 AM
Farkle Trainee

MT09 and the FJR have almost identical specs. Both turn up high tens to low 11's in the quarter. The mt09 is also very prone to wheelies, so the average rider on the street better know his bike or he's gonna be fighting keeping it on the ground. I kid you not, I beat an mt09 in my CAR about 3 weeks ago from a dig. I have an IS350 which is a 13sec car....this dude couldn't keep the wheel on the ground...I was laughing....then I felt bad because he probably felt stupid. Those magazine numbers are often not reality when things happen on the street...just sayin....also keep in mind the late model FJR has the same torque as a Hayabusa. Thats no joke.

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicl...-60-mph-times/

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy344! View Post
Yeah, I have rolled with GXSrs, Aprillias, Ducatis, CBRs, and all are not happy that I can hang with them... WITH BAGS!!!! LOL

Orion is one bad mutha....Shut your Mouth!
Maybe?

I've come from bikes with much better HP/weight ratios. Don't get me wrong, the FJR is adequately quick but it's comparative to an older 600 cc sport bike in terms of straight line acceleration.

2015 FJR1300A
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
They did not like seeing my "bagger" right with them in the twisties!

Before we left from the starting point, they all said, "We'll see you at the restaurant!" LOL

I said, "Yeah, I'll be there, right with you!"
passx and nunia720 like this.

'06 FJR1300A Orion the Hunter

Greg

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:58 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
Maybe?

I've come from bikes with much better HP/weight ratios. Don't get me wrong, the FJR is adequately quick but it's comparative to an older 600 cc sport bike in terms of straight line acceleration.

Straight line speeds are for chumps and NHRA. The curve is everything.
FastPappy, JohnC and Bugs like this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
Maybe?

Straight line speeds are for chumps and NHRA. The curve is everything.
Where it'll get spanked even more by a 600 that weighs 200 lbs less.
oldbaldsob likes this.

2015 FJR1300A
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Jesse, you do realize that 600's are designed to go fast always right? Faster than a 750, 800 or even 900's. In that realm of bikes its 600's then liter bikes. The FJR can **** near be flicked like a 600 if you have the skills and it will absolutely do more than hold its own coming out of a turn, maybe even dominate a 600. Again, it's on the riders skills of course.

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

I’ve found that it comes down to the nut between the bars and the foot pegs. Stole that from someone on this forum.

I watched a video once of Ivan tedesco, former MX pro running circles around guys on mx bikes while riding a xr650. Honking the horn at them as he passed.

Maintain universal balance
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 10:22 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunia720 View Post
Jesse, you do realize that 600's are designed to go fast always right? Faster than a 750, 800 or even 900's. In that realm of bikes its 600's then liter bikes. The FJR can **** near be flicked like a 600 if you have the skills and it will absolutely do more than hold its own coming out of a turn, maybe even dominate a 600. Again, it's on the riders skills of course.
There is this thing called physics that sort of gets in the way of your argument. There is no way an FJR “will absolutely hold its own coming out of a turn, maybe even dominate a 600” especially with riders of equal ability. The weight of the FJR makes it impossible for it to carry the same corner speed and at corner exit the 600 will accelerate quicker and be gone before the FJR can even get moving again. Spend some time at a racetrack and watch the bikes go through a corner. An FJR cannot be flicked like a 600 because there is so much more weight to transition from side to side. Sorry but it’s impossible. As I said before I like the FJR but let’s keep the facts straight about what it can and can’t do.
RaYzerman, mobilemike and 2GENAE like this.

The resident KTM owner.

‘14 FJR (sold)
‘13 990 SMT
‘15 1290 Super Adventure T
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 04:12 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Your right Donk, I think I am just in love with the linear power!!! Honestly, I feel more comfortable getting on the throttle coming out of a turn (on the street or highway, not track) on my FJR than a friends R6 (2008 I believe) that I have rode numerous times. I know a lot has to with my skill level but I swear as soon as I see the out my FJR screams "Give it!!" Lol, R6 or CBR's anything like that, I feel like I'm fighting to keep the front planted if I do the same.

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 06:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunia720 View Post
Your right Donk, I think I am just in love with the linear power!!! Honestly, I feel more comfortable getting on the throttle coming out of a turn (on the street or highway, not track) on my FJR than a friends R6 (2008 I believe) that I have rode numerous times. I know a lot has to with my skill level but I swear as soon as I see the out my FJR screams "Give it!!" Lol, R6 or CBR's anything like that, I feel like I'm fighting to keep the front planted if I do the same.
Nothing wrong with being in love with your bike, especially if it’s an FJR. The engine and power delivery are addictive. I think we all developed a certain comfort level on our bikes from the amount of time we spend on them so we trust them more. Over the years there have been a couple of bikes I really bonded with and a few I never did. The FJR was definitely one I got on well with as is the Super Adventure. As much as I loved my Multistrada(s) I don’t think I had the same level of trust in the bike.

The resident KTM owner.

‘14 FJR (sold)
‘13 990 SMT
‘15 1290 Super Adventure T

Last edited by Donk; 09-16-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page