Dealer made me laugh - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 09:54 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

To curb the BS, Ontario has a law that vehicle prices must be stated as inclusive except for sales tax and a paperwork admin fee that must be disclosed up front if you ask. Not that they won't try to sell you extended warranties or loans, but at least you have a decent idea where you stand when you walk in.
Meanwhile, I don't buy new bikes any more, there's plenty of good used low milers around. You may have to spend the normal bucks making it yours and catching up on maintenance, lots spend lots on new bike farkles too. Do a little homework and save some big $$ and never be in a hurry. There's always a deal out there if you have some patience.
bounce, Donk and justacrossthehill like this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
To curb the BS, Ontario has a law that vehicle prices must be stated as inclusive except for sales tax and a paperwork admin fee that must be disclosed up front if you ask. Not that they won't try to sell you extended warranties or loans, but at least you have a decent idea where you stand when you walk in.
Meanwhile, I don't buy new bikes any more, there's plenty of good used low milers around. You may have to spend the normal bucks making it yours and catching up on maintenance, lots spend lots on new bike farkles too. Do a little homework and save some big $$ and never be in a hurry. There's always a deal out there if you have some patience.
When I see some of the 1-2 year old bikes that come through with about 1000 miles on them and 35% less than new it amazes me the deals that can be had.
RaYzerman and mattemike like this.

The resident KTM owner.

14 FJR (sold)
13 990 SMT
15 1290 Super Adventure T
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Farkle Trainee

You mean you don't fall for the common sales line "What would it take to earn your business right now?"
skippy344! likes this.

2019 FJR A
2010 FZ1
1983 Honda Z50
1975 Honda CB400F

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 11:01 AM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattemike View Post
You mean you don't fall for the common sales line "What would it take to earn your business right now?"
YES!!!!!
Sell me this bike for this much!!!
skippy344!, ReRose and Way8lifter like this.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattemike View Post
And how do these people think this actually works?? The 1950's called, they want their sales pitch lines back!

I mean, I am no salesman, but I would think it would be pretty easy to sell a bike.

You know the potential customer likes to or wants to ride. You are 90% there!

Find out their skill level and what they are looking for, show them what you got, show the price and pull up a Google search for the same model.

Sure, mine is a little more, but I gotta make "some" profit, and you can ride today! And you will get excellent service from us!

Done!

Oh,wait, you are gonna need a new helmet to go with that B.A. bike!

'06 FJR1300A Orion the Hunter

Greg
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Farkle Trainee

None of this nonsense surprises me. I think these dealers understand that many people especially younger ones only look at the monthly payment and pay little attention to the total purchase price. Just how it is in this country. I mean h*ll, Most of these younger geniuses can't even add without their so-called devices. Pretty sad when you think about it.
justacrossthehill likes this.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page