Forgot to put on crush washer - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2020, 11:55 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I know I am late, but if that was me I would lean my all the way cold bike towards the right side as much as possible. Crash bars would help but if not installed a couple friends would help immensely. And take out bolt w/ above finger method mentioned or a 17mm or larger plug of some sort. Install washer and button her up. Off the top of my head I'm thinking tattoo ink holders would be a good plug. They come in a variety of sizes and might even be totally unnecessary with the bike leaned towards the right.

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Farkle Trainee

No brainer for me. Drain your oil into a very clean container, put the crush washer on and put the oil back in. The crush washer acts as a lock washer due to its ability to actually crush when you tighten it. Thatís why new crush washers are required.

BTW, reminds me of a line in a movie by Jerry Stiller talking to his real life son

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 Honda CBR1000rr
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

New crush washer? I keep a new one in the tool chest just in case the old one looks like it is deceased. If the old one looks good then it gets used again so maybe I am just lucky for no leaks. I have no idea how many of them washers I have fished out of drain pans in the last 50 years of tinkering with bikes/cars but I know it has been alot.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page