Mouse house - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Mouse house

Good afternoon folks! Brand new member. Last year I bought a 2008 fjr with the auto clutch. The previous owner had it sitting in his garage for several years. Today I changed the air filter (it was a bear for me I’m fairly new to this stuff) and I found the air filter filled with... sunflower seeds! I couldn’t figure it out. Who would do that? Why would they do that? Then it dawned on me. What a great, snug little home for a mouse. Crazy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64F0D921-FAF8-4DCE-A241-EAACAD869981_1596757922210.jpg (139.6 KB, 31 views)
Bernie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Farkle Trainee

If I were a mouse, that's where I'd want to live... I should check my air box, I don't want to be giving no mouse a free ride! Dang mouseses. 🤨
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 09:31 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Common issue with all vehicles that sit for a long time.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 09:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Perhaps a wire screen over the inlet?

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 10:11 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Iíve found they really like certain places, the fjr air box or any air box for that matter, They also like the tail piece on my 81 cbx, this year they had a really nice snack on the wiring there, I had to Rewire a bunch of stuff there, they also absolutely love the airbox there.

Now Iíll add that a K&N air filter seems to work as a deterrent, I cleaned & re-oiled the k+n in the cbx last year after I found the airbox completely full (I hadnít cleaned/re-oiledit for many years) and this year when I found the tail section full of mouse house the airbox was clean,

So certainly not a scientific study but it seems to work, I still need to check the fjr after installing a k+n late last year after finding it full for the third time. Weíll see, it seems to work. Just my opinion.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 10:28 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-64 View Post
If I were a mouse, that's where I'd want to live... I should check my air box, I don't want to be giving no mouse a free ride! Dang mouseses. 🤨
I is pronounced Meecess ...??
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 12:00 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Last month I found a Marmot sitting on top of the Kia engine when I opened the hood(scared the heck out of me) after finding some insulation on the ground. I know he went for a ten mile ride or so. Chewed on a few things and crapped all over the place. Glade it didn't get caught in the belts.
Darn Animals.

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 05:34 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Mice can also make a home inside your mufflers. Many years ago I was starting up my Kawi after it sat all winter long. After about 30 seconds of engine cranking the bike gave out a loud POP and a huge stream of sunflower seeds (empty shells) shot out the muffler and out the shed door. Since then I've added plastic SOLO cups over the ends of my exhaust pipes as part of putting it away for the winter.. ****'ing vermin.

Yes, it's okay to live your life like there's no tomorrow, just don't FĶ©Ķ mine up while your doing it.

2019 FJR1300-ES SOLD
1984 GPZ 750 Turbo
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 07:15 AM
Farkle Trainee

Shop I worked at would take a pic of under seat area on ATV's every time one came in for service. Amazing the sh** that the tech would find & of course the owner would have no clue. Cost the owner usually an hour extra of labor.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 08:02 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

The air filter on the FJR I just bought, was full of insulation from the walls of the building it was stored in since 2010. Also had to do a repair on the taillight wiring under the rear seat. Hopefully, that was the extent of the damage, it's all I can find anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page