2015 ECU flash review - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

2015 ECU flash review

Hello all! New guy here.upstate NY area.figured id give a semi in depth review of ivans flash....my recent bike history..2017 R1, 2017 fz10, 2013 fz1, 2013 stryker...now 2015 fjr1300...All bikes were flashed. I can 100% say the fjr needed the flash the least out of all those bikes,or any bike ive ridden. Im going out on a limb saying most (2015) fjr owners would be fine with the bike stock.never had a bike without a flash so ive been spoiled and now find fault i never would have noticed. Surging around 3500-4500 rpm, slow throttle response, clunky shifts...All of that is gone...butter smooth,faster throttle,less vibration..slow speed riding much easier.3rd riding mode is awesome..pulls way better than T mode but a lil less than S mode. All the small things that bothered me about the ride are gone..at $350 i would say its not worth it to most fjr owners..Yamaha did well..but when you are so used to the smoothness a flash adds,its hard too go without.
FjrjrF and mobilemike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

I am a believer in Ivan's work and products but my 2015 is so smooth I almost cannot think it could get better but then this is mt 1st FJR.

Thanks for the review on the flash.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 03:20 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I don't know. A '15 FJR owner on one of the other sandboxes swears by it. He was one of the first to try it. I trust his advice. In fact it was his recommendation that made me decide to try it on my '13 FJR. I haven't ridden it yet. Years ago I though my '04 FJR's fueling was fine. Until I installed a Power Commander......

Purveyor of crooked facts

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooterG View Post
I don't know. A '15 FJR owner on one of the other sandboxes swears by it. He was one of the first to try it. I trust his advice. In fact it was his recommendation that made me decide to try it on my '13 FJR. I haven't ridden it yet. Years ago I though my '04 FJR's fueling was fine. Until I installed a Power Commander......
You have a '13 now? That bland, boring lack of color suits your bland and boring personality. You would probably be better off with a Honda ST1300.

If the guy in the other sandbox is George/EscapeFJRtist, he does say good things about the Ivan Flash. And like you, I trust his advice.

Great to see your name pop up from time to time.
SkooterG and spectreman like this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
You have a '13 now? That bland, boring lack of color suits your bland and boring personality. You would probably be better off with a Honda ST1300.

If the guy in the other sandbox is George/EscapeFJRtist, he does say good things about the Ivan Flash. And like you, I trust his advice.

Great to see your name pop up from time to time.

A '13, a '14 ES, and a '17 ES amongst others. I am FJR rich! And of course the ECUs of all of these are incompatible. I'm afraid I'll like Ivan's reflash so much I'll have to get it done again on one or both of the others. ****, I should have inquired about a group discount!

Where the **** did you come from? Did they let you out of prison already?
spectreman likes this.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

This stupid forum edits out cuss words? WTF?!
spectreman likes this.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooterG View Post
A '13, a '14 ES, and a '17 ES amongst others. I am FJR rich! And of course the ECUs of all of these are incompatible. I'm afraid I'll like Ivan's reflash so much I'll have to get it done again on one or both of the others. ****, I should have inquired about a group discount!

Where the **** did you come from? Did they let you out of prison already?
My marriage is a prison. And I ain't getting out of that alive.

Would you just ride the stupid bike and then give us a review here? Make yourself useful.
spectreman likes this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
My marriage is a prison. And I ain't getting out of that alive.

Would you just ride the stupid bike and then give us a review here? Make yourself useful.
Why don't you git yer cajun derriere out here and install a new clutch on that '13 of mine in the 115+ temps of my garage. Then you could ride it yourself! And you would get a slight reprieve from that cow of a wife of yours!

BTW, tell her I said Hi, and if she ever gets sick of looking at your ugly mugg................
spectreman likes this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 08:50 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I've had Ivan flash 5 of my bikes: 2015 Concours, 2 Kawasaki z900rs (Cafe and standard), 2018 Kawasaki ZX-14, and the 2014 FJR. Without a doubt, the least noticeable result is on the FJR. If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't do the FJR. It did make a world of difference on the Concours. It will leave the FJR in the dust.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 09:27 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Redfish/skooter........wtf ? I hope you guy’s are really friends....

Kansfjr,,,,, I can understand the lack of a really noticeable difference since that 14 of yours is already the mucho fastest color red to be envied by all others ������ hard to improve on sheer perfection ya know. That Should get the rest of them riled up a bit ya think ? Ray was so disappointed in his candy cow pie since he realized it would never keep up so he just sold it!

I fully expect redfish above to announce that he has sold his after getting a regular whooping from His Pops, ultimately, super fast & beautiful Red 14. I’m going back to sleep now �� good night!

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 08-03-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page