Lugging/flogging - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 09:26 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Other than highway speeds I run my 14a in the 2k-3k range all the time, simply doesn’t need more, just smooth as silk and accelerates smoothly, again you can’t be ham fisted although the throttle by wire won’t really let you be stupid, the fjr is just sooo smooth and flexible.

It will work easily under 2k all the way up to redline. There’s so much torque down low that there’s just no need to rev the crap out of it, the Yamaha engineers did a great job on the motor & fueling of this bike. But like most things here, your bike & your money.

I’ll add that most of the “stock” dyno curves I’ve seen on the fjr have 70+ ft/lbs at the rear wheel at around 2k rpm and surges to the near peak of about 98 ft/lbs from 5k to over 7k. Most of the Harley supposed superior low end torque usually peaks at about 68 ft/lbs but require you have nearly 3k to get it, most v-twins aren’t as good. Frankly the fjr is a torque monster compared to most other bikes so I prefer to use that available torque, it has some serious grunt in the 2-3k range and if I’m in a hurry I may rev it all the way to 5k which usually gets me well over most all speed limits. My .02
the Ferret likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 08-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 11:26 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Bacon View Post
My issue is what i call surging...not bad enough to call bucking...would happen when going a constant speed and most commonly is the 3000-4000 rpm range..ecu flash got rid of it though..that and slow throttle response were my personal quirks with the fjr.

I've always attributed that to a "closed loop" reaction to being right on the cusp between 2 stages in a map. It keeps jumping back and forth.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page