FJR Weight Saving Modification - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Farkle Trainee

For 25 years my wife had no interest in riding. Then 1 day she decided to start. Iím lucky. She rides with me locally and stays home for the long distance rides. Thereís a lot I wish we could see together but my riding style of long days with little rest would not be fun for her. Or me when it stopped being fun for her!
mobilemike, the Ferret and zwartie like this.

The resident KTM owner.

Ď14 FJR (sold)
Ď03 FZ1
Ď13 990 SMT
Ď15 1290 Super Adventure T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 11:28 AM
Farkle Trainee

Went for a little scoot from London, ON to Bayfield, ON (about 100 km one-way) yesterday afternoon. Met up with my brother and his wife on their K1600GTL and had dinner at The Docks. It sure is nice that the patios are open again! Anyway, it got me to thinking how much fun two-up riding is. The FJR is such a competent machine and so stable with a passenger. The throttle may have gotten stuck for a moment or two on a back road - what a shame. The FJR is rock-steady at 165 km/h two-up, or so I've been told :-)

Zwartie
mobilemike, Donk and the Ferret like this.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 12:02 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
For 25 years my wife had no interest in riding. Then 1 day she decided to start. Iím lucky. She rides with me locally and stays home for the long distance rides. Thereís a lot I wish we could see together but my riding style of long days with little rest would not be fun for her. Or me when it stopped being fun for her!
My wife knows her limits and knows mine. About 6 hours in the saddle a day is all she can and wants to handle which is fine with me. That is what we plan for when on a trip or a day together. She has no interest in going longer and no interest in keeping me from longer trips when I want to go.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page