Happy Anniversary "Big Blue" - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Today Mrs Ferret and I took a ride on Big Blue out the Ohio River Scenic Highway St Rt 52. Day started off beautifully and the weather forecast was great, but on the way home some angry clouds popped up as we sat and ate our lunch at a bench overlooking the Ohio. Bad as it looked, it blew over and we continued the ride home dry.

Sweet Ferret! Looks like a great day to ride and lots of fun. I enjoy seeing the rides and adventures of others and wish there was more of it here. Motorcycle Forums should be more like a good motorcycle magazine. 80% about rides, plans, and memories and 20% about helmet locks, final drive oil, and clutch upgrades which highlights the excitement of today's forum. Yawwwnnn

I find it interesting that nobody but me gave you a like on your great post. This is a forum about a touring motorcycle isn't it? Do people actually ride these bikes anywhere or do their bikes sit outside and collect dust. If they do they don't share anything about it. I find the other forum at least has some excitement to it. I post stories and pics of my rides over there as do others so there is at least something to check in over there about. When I did here I quickly found out nobody gives a rats A$$ so I stopped. So why even bother sharing when you don't even get a simple Like to a post that took you some effort to post. Anyway, great post keep um coming. I was born in Cincy and have a soft spot in my heart for that area. I hope to ride up there someday as its been awhile.
the Ferret likes this.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900

Last edited by Blueridgerider; 06-27-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 01:29 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgerider View Post
Sweet Ferret! Looks like a great day to ride and lots of fun. I enjoy seeing the rides and adventures of others and wish there was more of it here. Motorcycle Forums should be more like a good motorcycle magazine. 80% about rides, plans, and memories and 20% about helmet locks, final drive oil, and clutch upgrades which highlights the excitement of today's forum. Yawwwnnn

I find it interesting that nobody but me gave you a like on your great post. This is a forum about a touring motorcycle isn't it? Do people actually ride these bikes anywhere or do their bikes sit outside and collect dust. If they do they don't share anything about it. I find the other forum at least has some excitement to it. I post stories and pics of my rides over there as do others so there is at least something to check in over there about. When I did here I quickly found out nobody gives a rats A$$ so I stopped. So why even bother sharing when you don't even get a simple Like to a post that took you some effort to post. Anyway, great post keep um coming. I was born in Cincy and have a soft spot in my heart for that area. I hope to ride up there someday as its been awhile.
That negative attitude...... tsk tsk .

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:

I do find this forum one of the least contributing forums unless you want to talk about mechanical issues with the bike. Then there are a lot of contributions. Definitely one of the least ride report/photo contributing forums I have been on. I've done a few other ride reports with pics and they were not particularly well received either. Just did one a while back about a Covid State Park ride with my son complete with photos and I think it got 3 likes and 1 response. Other forum members have mentioned that as well, that in the past they have taken the time to write up a report with photos and post them, and they get few responses.. Guess they are just not into that here.

If you like them, here are a couple more I've contributed

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/12-...park-ride.html

here's another of my reports with some nice pics in it.

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/12-...eat-steak.html

and another

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/12-...ip-2019-a.html
Blueridgerider likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 04:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman1. View Post
My 8 track in my 1957 Pontiac use to get car sick. All the tape wound up in mechanics. If you were patient you could save it!
Yrs ago I bought an old boat with a great 8 track player & I found a buncha sweet tapes stashed up in the bow. At the time you could pick up tapes at garage sales for 25 cents. Lotsa good listening & actually learned to like Waylin! They eventually all got eaten up or broke, but was fun while it lasted. Aerosmith "live bootleg" was the best but cant find it anywhere now.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 04:45 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:

I like your posts ferret but I aint much of a "social media" guy so not really to savvy on the like or dislike thing. I think that if & when that day comes, the computer gets thrown out the window. But keep up the good posts me boy!!!!
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 05:07 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

IMHO if you're posting for glory or likes you're doing it for the wrong reason.

That said, I look at every thread and most of the pictures. Not much of a video guy tho, I nearly always skip that. I'm not much of a pic poster but in my mind, even with the pics in this thread, it's just another ride most of the time. Tho if it's some food pron from a RTE I always try to remember to post. I had no idea people were getting butt hurt over the lack of people clicking the like button.

Another point I wholeheartedly disagree on- this forum is by far to me the most social of the "Big 3". I've met more people, been to more restaurants and ridden significantly more miles with folks of this forum than from the other 2 combined. All the FJR rider contacts I have have come from this forum. The prevalent attitude of every thread "over there" morphing into a goat/sheep sexual joke got old in about 2007. Don't get me wrong, I can be pretty childish, but that's just not my style and it really puts me off from meeting the folks who are constantly doing it. I've not been to any "rallies" for FJRs like EOM, etc. b/c of it. Probably never will be.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
IMHO if you're posting for glory or likes you're doing it for the wrong reason.

That said, I look at every thread and most of the pictures. Not much of a video guy tho, I nearly always skip that. I'm not much of a pic poster but in my mind, even with the pics in this thread, it's just another ride most of the time. Tho if it's some food pron from a RTE I always try to remember to post. I had no idea people were getting butt hurt over the lack of people clicking the like button.

Another point I wholeheartedly disagree on- this forum is by far to me the most social of the "Big 3". I've met more people, been to more restaurants and ridden significantly more miles with folks of this forum than from the other 2 combined. All the FJR rider contacts I have have come from this forum. The prevalent attitude of every thread "over there" morphing into a goat/sheep sexual joke got old in about 2007. Don't get me wrong, I can be pretty childish, but that's just not my style and it really puts me off from meeting the folks who are constantly doing it. I've not been to any "rallies" for FJRs like EOM, etc. b/c of it. Probably never will be.

I don't do it for the likes, I do it because I enjoy doing it, and that I hope other people will enjoy reading it and looking at the pics too. The likes and responses give an indication if other people appreciate your effort, and an indication if they want to see more. I have never been on the other 2 forums. Only this one. If this is the most social of the big 3, the others must be dead zones. But I'm on the ST 1300 forum and the CB 1100 forum and both of those are far more socially active and active in the picture posting/ride reports, so my comparison is between this forum and 2 other forums as well.

I'm certainly not getting butt hurt over people not clicking the like button on my ride reports, have thicker skin than that, but it is nice to see that people appreciate the effort. Personally I wish more people on here did ride reports with pictures. I enjoy that stuff, and get to see pics of country/roads/accommodations/food I might not have seen before. Also get to see pics of beautiful bikes and motorcyclists out enjoying them selves, which is what riding is supposed to be about. Every day on the CB 1100 forum there are pics and ride reports from all over the world. Just today, several from the U.S, plus Italy and Switzerland. They were very nice and I thanked them for posting them. ..as a courtesy, and to encourage them to do more, so I can see more.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Farkle Trainee

Alright you asked for it! Heres a ride report, actually 2. Last week I took her with & we went out aimlessly, no plan, just where the road went. The ride was great, found awesome curvey roads in farmland that I didn't know existed. She was happy (after the usual scwabble of trying to get her to go). Ride #2 was today, same thing except solo in opposite direction. Found more awesome curvey country roads, mostly brand new tar. I was even able to "giver the onions" quite a few times. I hit the town car show on the way back through town, perfect day. Tomorrow im doing it again, cept leaving a lot earlier.
the Ferret likes this.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:58 PM
Farkle Trainee

I forgot to mention, I don't know how to post pics yet. I need to learn how to do that before I do my solo Montana ride later this yr.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 08:41 AM
Farkle Trainee

Great writeup, Ferret.

Hope you have trouble free sMiles continuing.

Safe run.......
the Ferret likes this.

hANNAbONE
Versailles, IN
...where hiway 421 & 50 kiss...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page