Happy Anniversary "Big Blue" - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 01:37 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Technology song...... from 1979 and still popular, this live version from 2004 with original members of the Buggles. Original video was kool too.

Blueridgerider likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgerider View Post

Man Ferret, VHS??? Holy Cow my man. Here I am talking about using the latest technology and your talkin about the day VHS died which left you hanging? I am at a loss for words on that which does not happen often. I guess we are 5 years apart on 2 different planets. I converted all my VHS tapes to CD years ago. Anyway, Best of luck with your bike and congrats.
I can talk vinyl records and 8 track tapes too
Sete Bond and Blueridgerider like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 06:57 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
I am just surprised that more riders do not use Gopro's/Action cams as a safety device like many of us do with dash cams. So easy ........
Here's how it is for me:

- I am NOT a technogeeky guy. F'rinstance- I couldn't figure out how to end a phone call the other day. No s**t, I'm not kidding. Had to hit and hold the power button to turn the phone off;

- with my previous phone, owned for nearly 4 yrs, people often asked "where's the selfie" when looking at pictures. There aren't any, it wasn't until the final 2 months or so that I figured out how to take any. Then the phone died. Coincidence? I think not;

- I don't play games on a console, a PC or on a phone. I've never, EVER owned a gaming console. It wasn't until 2 yrs ago that I actually downloaded an app to use. I then involuntarily disabled my phone completely trying to use it and had to spend 2 hrs in the phone store getting it revived;

- had to do a video visit with my doctor last month. But before that I had to spend almost an hr on the phone with "the office tech" to figure out how to actually do a video visit. Did I mention I hate talking on the phone? Worked one time, never again. I just go into the office now;

- I've owned a dvd player for at least 12 yrs, never have figured out how to make a movie show up on a tv it's connect to.

It's not "so easy" for everyone but thanks for helping many of us to feel just a little more stupid today.
passx, Sete Bond and rgb like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 07:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
8 track? Now your talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taint nothing better than when the music fades out right in the middle of the song, then you get the big CLICK then you get the rest of the song. QUALITY!
FjrjrF and Sete Bond like this.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 10:09 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Here's how it is for me:

- I am NOT a technogeeky guy. F'rinstance- I couldn't figure out how to end a phone call the other day. No s**t, I'm not kidding. Had to hit and hold the power button to turn the phone off;

- with my previous phone, owned for nearly 4 yrs, people often asked "where's the selfie" when looking at pictures. There aren't any, it wasn't until the final 2 months or so that I figured out how to take any. Then the phone died. Coincidence? I think not;

- I don't play games on a console, a PC or on a phone. I've never, EVER owned a gaming console. It wasn't until 2 yrs ago that I actually downloaded an app to use. I then involuntarily disabled my phone completely trying to use it and had to spend 2 hrs in the phone store getting it revived;

- had to do a video visit with my doctor last month. But before that I had to spend almost an hr on the phone with "the office tech" to figure out how to actually do a video visit. Did I mention I hate talking on the phone? Worked one time, never again. I just go into the office now;

- I've owned a dvd player for at least 12 yrs, never have figured out how to make a movie show up on a tv it's connect to.

It's not "so easy" for everyone but thanks for helping many of us to feel just a little more stupid today.
As another member said recently to you, "Don't Be A Dick" You continuously act like one as you seem to troll around the forums just looking for things to trounce on. You were the same person who welcomed me to the forum by criticizing my font size. Wow that was such a warm welcome and made me so glad to be a member here. I could re-post a slew of negative trolling responses to me and others you have made here and on other forums. I think you like being a Dick bentnail.

Man, you seem like some grumpy old dude who has a bug up his butt about life in general, refusing to adapt and just looking for the negative in it. I feel sorry for you as I have a brother just like you. He is riddled with such bad OCD he can barely function and is a mirror image of your personality, at least the one you portray here. How bout trying to straighten out your bent nail. You might find it actually feels good to be positive in life and to be kind to others. I have 80+ year old family members that use all the devices you somehow have a problem with. Its not that you can't use them, you just do not want to. Kind of interesting that you have such difficult time with all the things you mentioned but you can troll around here on your computer? Man who can't see through that? rbentnail, Don't Be A Dick

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 12:13 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
As another member said recently to you, "Don't Be A Dick" You continuously act like one as you seem to troll around the forums just looking for things to trounce on. You were the same person who welcomed me to the forum by criticizing my font size. Wow that was such a warm welcome and made me so glad to be a member here. I could re-post a slew of negative trolling responses to me and others you have made here and on other forums. I think you like being a Dick bentnail.

Man, you seem like some grumpy old dude who has a bug up his butt about life in general, refusing to adapt and just looking for the negative in it. I feel sorry for you as I have a brother just like you. He is riddled with such bad OCD he can barely function and is a mirror image of your personality, at least the one you portray here. How bout trying to straighten out your bent nail. You might find it actually feels good to be positive in life and to be kind to others. I have 80+ year old family members that use all the devices you somehow have a problem with. Its not that you can't use them, you just do not want to. Kind of interesting that you have such difficult time with all the things you mentioned but you can troll around here on your computer? Man who can't see through that? rbentnail, Don't Be A Dick
Fair enough, I can see your point. But don't think for a moment I'm not serious about the electronic black cloud that follows me around everywhere I go. Everything I posted is true. You should have watched me trying to "use the simple way of activating a satellite receiver online" earlier this week. Man what a job! Two days, six hrs and 3 phone calls later it finally works. And that was the easy way?!? Judas Priest! I'm dreading trying to reprogram the remote for it.

I do disagree with you however on one point- knowing how to functionally use a computer or phone or whatever is in no way indicative of one's mental state or intelligence. I've had decades of practice with a computer and have taken dozens of classes at community colleges to become somewhat useful with one. That doesn't mean I have in-depth knowledge of how or why it works, it just means I can use one most of the time though I still spend a few hrs now and then trying to open a file someone sends me. Same with a phone. What does one do when searching for an answer and is told by an "expert" that it's not possible. Believe what you're told, that's what. If you have specific instruction for the specific equipment I'm having specific problems with I'm all ears.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
I certainly come from those days too My wife and I enjoy vinyl and listen to them on a old Pioneer Turntable I bought back in the 70's while in the USN. I might have a few 8 tracks around too, tons of cassettes. Those were the days my friend.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 02:48 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Fair enough, I can see your point. But don't think for a moment I'm not serious about the electronic black cloud that follows me around everywhere I go. Everything I posted is true. You should have watched me trying to "use the simple way of activating a satellite receiver online" earlier this week. Man what a job! Two days, six hrs and 3 phone calls later it finally works. And that was the easy way?!? Judas Priest! I'm dreading trying to reprogram the remote for it.

I do disagree with you however on one point- knowing how to functionally use a computer or phone or whatever is in no way indicative of one's mental state or intelligence. I've had decades of practice with a computer and have taken dozens of classes at community colleges to become somewhat useful with one. That doesn't mean I have in-depth knowledge of how or why it works, it just means I can use one most of the time though I still spend a few hrs now and then trying to open a file someone sends me. Same with a phone. What does one do when searching for an answer and is told by an "expert" that it's not possible. Believe what you're told, that's what. If you have specific instruction for the specific equipment I'm having specific problems with I'm all ears.

Man sure feels good to bring this down to a civilized conversation. Thanks for that. I never meant in any of my posts to you or Ferrett that anyone was stupid or less intelligent because of not being more into technology. Everyone has the things that their into and good at. For me it has always been a hobby going back to the beginning of it all but as I get older its harder to keep up and I definitely have to put the time in if I want to learn and be on top of things. As quickly as things change its next to impossible to do that even if you try it seems. But there is so much good that can be used in the motorcycling world. Action cams/Gopros are just one thing that can be used not only capture video and photos as I have shared but also can be used in a big way for safety which is why this all started here. It all started with me asking why more do not use them like I do if nothing else for safety reasons. In no way was it meant to make anyone feel stupid etc.

Besides that I try to be a positive person who loves motorcycling and I find it hard to swallow negativity here or anywhere really so I will call you out in a second if I feel or see that especially if I think its uncalled for. There are enough negative things going on in the world and there's no need for more of it on this or any forum where we go to enjoy a passion and maybe get a break from it all for a bit.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Today Mrs Ferret and I took a ride on Big Blue out the Ohio River Scenic Highway St Rt 52. Day started off beautifully and the weather forecast was great, but on the way home some angry clouds popped up as we sat and ate our lunch at a bench overlooking the Ohio. Bad as it looked, it blew over and we continued the ride home dry.

2014oldred and Blueridgerider like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Farkle Trainee

My 8 track in my 1957 Pontiac use to get car sick. All the tape wound up in mechanics. If you were patient you could save it!

Mooseman

Allstate 50, Bridgestone 50, Santa Barbra 125, 180 Twin Jet
305 Super Hawk, 350 Bridgestone GTR, CB450 Honda, 360 Yamaha Enduro, Yamaha 750 Seca, 2 x 1981 CBX, 2008 FJR 1300A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page