New to me '05 FJR - Page 6 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbighorn View Post
I also recently bought a 2005 FJR. My friend didnít know if the cam chain tensioner had been replaced. I found an easy way to check it to see if it has the green dot on it. I will attach a couple of pictures. On the right side just above the frame rail is a black rubber covering. You can lift up the Bottom edge and with a flashlight look down and see if there is a green or blue dot.
I finally remembered to look at my CCT, no dot's. Added to my to do list immediately.

Thanks again

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Rick the owner of Cogent is a former Ohlins engineer in Hendersonville... he knows all the brands and can give you a good recommendation and pricing. Suspension isn't all black magic, the concepts are the same throughout all brands.
Ohhhhh vedddy nice info fo sho I will be calling him today !!

Much appreciated
David
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Haven’t done anything to the bike for the last couple of weeks, but I did order a set of the MFW Vario rider drop pegs, scored a used Corbin one piece seat with backrest from eBay, and picked up a white carbon fiber look tank protector, and got lucky to find a used Harbor Freight hydraulic foot pump lift. Would rather have my original lift I had before, but able to save a lot of money going used on the lift and seat for now.

Currently been tinkering with a buddies new to him atv that is taking up garage space.

Does anyone have a good contact number for MC Enterprises? I’ve sent an email, tried calling their number, but says it’s been disconnected

Thanks
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D8DCBCB9-EFF3-4989-B346-EB7A54317503_1594681773346.jpeg (328.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg B230CC2A-E3EF-44BB-AAEF-18FD08696E2C_1594681786146.jpeg (426.5 KB, 7 views)

post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Can someone tell me why the pics are sideways? Not how they are on my phone and I also rotated to make them not sideways but still posted that way. Still working on figuring out this forum.

Thanks
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A959A7BB-6805-4DF3-AF98-6F8BEF65EF32_1594681950720.jpeg (387.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg 1DFAD311-A557-4673-A0DA-E0505A6560C4_1594681963857.jpeg (480.2 KB, 4 views)
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Test 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 108FB534-309D-4506-B45F-C8F7F18CB976_1594682017213.jpeg (28.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg 2C4AE88C-AA34-49EB-B9AB-DBC67A3CCFA9_1594682029587.jpeg (32.0 KB, 4 views)
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Does anyone have a first gen factory aluminum rear rack? Remembered to double check mine a little bit ago and discovered it is in fact plastic. Will early 2nd gens fit?

Thanks
David
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 09:06 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

To my knowledge there is no factory aluminum rear rack for any Gen as standard equipement, they were all plastic. AFAIK, there are different part numbers for Gen1 if you used a Givi rack, thus the Gen2/3 racks will not fit...

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shelton View Post
Can someone tell me why the pics are sideways? Not how they are on my phone and I also rotated to make them not sideways but still posted that way. Still working on figuring out this forum.

Thanks
David
Pics from phones generally end up skewed. Pics from computers do not. It's weird but the sky is blue! That's just the way it is.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shelton View Post

Thanks
David
Pics from phones generally end up skewed. Pics from computers do not. It's weird but the sky is blue! That's just the way it is.
What I am discovering. Never an issue doing the same photo from my lap top, but same photo from my phone and sideways. It’s a conspiracy, A CONSPIRACY I SAY!!! lol
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
David, sorry for the slow response to your subframe question, being that it is a oe topcase I’d probably go with the Yamaha heavy aluminum rear rack,it’s what I did on my 14 after the subframe broke, very nice but expensive piece. I don’t know if the givi sr357 or the new Shad tube frame will work but on all of them you’ll have to do your homework and maybe a little fab to make them work, my.02.

On seats, pretty much imho you have the Russel day Long or the Seth Laam (what I have) both are made to you and quite frankly the prices are about the same as an off the shelf aftermarket one-size-fits-all. Many here have found the oe seat ok as well but I’m not one of them. My Laam is the best I’ve ever owned but I believe the RDL is a tad better, maybe, as some here have claimed,I don’t know.

Also being that you’re 6” you probably have a longer inseam, the reason I ask is that I’m 5’ 10” with a 30”inseam and that makes being able to flat foot my 14 at a light a bit tough with the Laam. I lowered my bike 1/2” which made things pretty much perfect for me. Keep all that in mind. Also looking at your photo’s if you’re 6’ that means your daughter must be 6’2” or so because she appears a bit taller than you, my g-daughter is like that and really likes to stand next to me and look down, never says anything but just grins at me,,, kids !
Any idea what years the heavy aluminum rack fits? Does anyone have one that will fit a 2005 for sale??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page