Why ain't I seeing any of you guys... - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Why ain't I seeing any of you guys...

I'm on my 3rd day of riding to Montana on the FJR and I haven't seen ONE person on tour. Not one HD, BMW or FJR. WTF?

I do not ride Interstates, only 2 lane. But seriously, I see many riders on the byways on all of my previous trips, but not right now.

I thought real motorcyclists didn't conform to the norms, but I guess most are wimps?

Oh well, I am having a blast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:21 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btl68 View Post
I'm on my 3rd day of riding to Montana on the FJR and I haven't seen ONE person on tour. Not one HD, BMW or FJR. WTF?

I do not ride Interstates, only 2 lane. But seriously, I see many riders on the byways on all of my previous trips, but not right now.

I thought real motorcyclists didn't conform to the norms, but I guess most are wimps?

Still hiding from Covid?

Don’t know about Montana but I slayed the Tail of the Dragon in both directions today. Tons of bikes of all kinds. Those little Honda Groms were gettin’ it alongside Porsche 911’s, lol.

I would love to explore the WIDE open spaces out west but Ive only gotten as far as Steamboat Springs, Colorado a couple years ago.

In 2016, I was looking for a newer FJR (had an 07AE at the time) and found my 15ES with 700miles on it not far from Estes Park. Long story short, it came home with ME.

Good luck on your tour. I know theyre out there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9215808B-1509-436A-BE27-06A0AC06DD46_1591924602916.jpg (374.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2A367460-DA80-48C4-BBCB-51613E63A2DB_1591924633166.jpg (469.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg C54EF20B-407E-4ADD-AF31-C78EB105309A_1591924794170.jpg (277.5 KB, 26 views)
btl68 likes this.

Last edited by RushNatU; 06-11-2020 at 09:34 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNatU View Post
Still hiding from Covid?

Don’t know about Montana but I slayed the Tail of the Dragon in both directions today. Tons of bikes of all kinds. Those little Honda Groms were gettin’ it alongside Porsche 911’s, lol.

I would love to explore the WIDE open spaces out west but Ive only gotten as far as Steamboat Springs, Colorado a couple years ago.
That's good riding out there! Good to see someone is poking the powers that be in the eye!

I am doing my part.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

I'm out there this weekend! We have a GSR Rally going on in Bedford Indiana. (That's GS Resource) as in GS Suzuki. Not the other GS motorcycle. I'm in Florence Kentucky now, I'll pull into Bedford tomorrow morning. Do some riding and hang out with friends... Head home on Sunday.
btl68 likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-64 View Post
I'm out there this weekend! We have a GSR Rally going on in Bedford Indiana. (That's GS Resource) as in GS Suzuki. Not the other GS motorcycle. I'm in Florence Kentucky now, I'll pull into Bedford tomorrow morning. Do some riding and hang out with friends... Head home on Sunday.
Good deal!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-12-2020, 11:39 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I was out riding on a weeklong trip last week. Ended up doing Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge parkway end to end, then drove out to Mammoth Park in Kentucky. I only saw two or three out of state plates on bikes on the road or at the hotels. Lots or riders are out for local rides, but few are out for longer trips.

Normally i'm a mom and pop/motel with a number in it guy, but i stayed in fairly high end hotels this trip for under $100 a night. No Covid worries, the hotels were empty. One did have a buffet breakfast served to you rather than get it yourself, but i ended up dining alone in an empty dining room.

Other than having to eat in the parking lot for most lunches, and having no fast food bathroom option in some areas it was a good trip. A lot less traffic, cheaper hotels, and Mammoth Cave was open for self guided tours.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 07:44 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

If you’re in the area, Mammouth Cave is a “must see” in my opinion.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:

Nothing wimpy about caring for your fellow Americans and trying not to be "that guy" that spreads the virus across 7 states. That said, I've made a short trip around my area and it was good. Maintain distancing at stops and have a great trip!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
TrainWreck, bounce and SpokaneJim like this.

San Antonio, TX, USA
2008 FJR1300 (Gen II)
2006 FJR1300 (Gen II) (RIP*)
2004 FJR1300 (Gen I) (RIP*)
*Dang cage drivers.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 11:09 AM
FJR Top Gun

With 16 or 19 states having upticks in Covid cases after opening up, I'm not sure travelling is a good option right now. I have a rally coming up in September in PA I'm a bit worried about attending. I have reservations but may cancel depending on the news I guess. They still don't have a solid idea about this asymptomatic carriers deal and have just doubled down on the face mask recommendation, but I only see about 25% of the population wearing them. Normally I would have at least 2 trips in by now, but have just been riding around home.

At 70 with some pre-existing conditions, my "private room" at the hospital might be right next to the refrigerated truck if I catch it.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:

Good to know theres still 1 "real man" out there jk. I don't like going out there to early in case the higher passes not being open yet. Im doing a 3 or 4 day practice run in northern Mn. next week. Then heading out that way middle of july hopefully. Enjoy your ride, gotta do it when you can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page