Why ain't I seeing any of you guys... - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

I tried not to but I just got to say that this country is inhabited by, please forgive me, a collection of idiots plain and simple! Many other countries like Vietnam have totally put the corona virus to rest and it's because their people know how to work together towards a common goal but not so in this country. China has a population of around 1.4 billion as compared to the US at about only 3.3 million and they (China) got their collective act together and have fewer deaths than our illustrious country. Oh, and before any of you say it I have no intention of moving to Vietnam especially sense I've been there in the 60s. Can't stand the snakes and humidity. lol..lol.. Can you imagine what would happen if our government tried to reinstate the draft? What a joke that would be.

Was in the hardware the other day and was the only person in a mask. There was this old guy running around coughing his idiotic head off with no regard for anyone else, just great! Then we went out to eat at a seafood restaurant the other night and through the door comes a big group of freaking idiots with about umpteen kids all running around screaming their collective heads off with no masks and no attempt to maintain social distancing. We got up and left and won't be going back anytime soon.

I got to tell you there are times I'm just flat ashamed of my country and its me-me-me inhabitants that can't even follow simple instructions and have no regard for their fellow citizens.

I would like to go on a long motorcycle ride but because of the actions of my fellow Americans I'll take a pass.

There, I've vented and I'm done!

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape

Last edited by JamesW; 06-13-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 02:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
I tried not to but I just got to say that this country is inhabited by, please forgive me, a collection of idiots plain and simple! Many other countries like Vietnam have totally put the corona virus to rest and it's because their people know how to work together towards a common goal but not so in this country. China has a population of around 1.4 billion as compared to the US at about only 3.3 million and they (China) got their collective act together and have fewer deaths than our illustrious country. Oh, and before any of you say it I have no intention of moving to Vietnam especially sense I've been there in the 60s. Can't stand the snakes and humidity. lol..lol.. Can you imagine what would happen if our government tried to reinstate the draft? What a joke that would be.

Was in the hardware the other day and was the only person in a mask. There was this old guy running around coughing his idiotic head off with no regard for anyone else, just great! Then we went out to eat at a seafood restaurant the other night and through the door comes a big group of freaking idiots with about umpteen kids all running around screaming their collective heads off with no masks and no attempt to maintain social distancing. We got up and left and won't be going back anytime soon.

I got to tell you there are times I'm just flat ashamed of my country and its me-me-me inhabitants that can't even follow simple instructions and have no regard for their fellow citizens.

I would like to go on a long motorcycle ride but because of the actions of my fellow Americans I'll take a pass.

There, I've vented and I'm done!
You think China is giving up their real numbers?????? Come on man. We aint half as bad as they want us to think we are. Now on to my ride today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aran likes this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Farkle Trainee

Is there any credible information besides the never ending internet social media drivel that actually can prove China's info is incorrect? And talk about social media drivel you don't have to look any further than our own backyard to find lies.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 03:50 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
China has a population of around 1.4 billion as compared to the US at about only 3.3 million and they (China) got their collective act together and have fewer deaths than our illustrious country.
Agree with most of what you said but of course the US population is ~340M not 3.3M. China is most likely under-reporting; they came out once and acknowledged that and bumped their numbers up by a good bit but still likely under-reporting. But not nearly enough to get them from their reported 4600 deaths to our 117k deaths.

Just want to stay as accurate as possible on all of this.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

San Antonio, TX, USA
2008 FJR1300 (Gen II)
2006 FJR1300 (Gen II) (RIP*)
2004 FJR1300 (Gen I) (RIP*)
*Dang cage drivers.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Duhhhh..Thanks for that correction Dave guess I'm the slow one. lol..lol..

I like to motorcycle camp and problem is it seems in this neck of the woods campgrounds are mostly open to just self contained vehicles and public restrooms are mostly closed. Not sure about the status of national parks. I go up to Crater Lake every year at least once. Been doing this for 30+ years and each time I say to myself, "if I died and went to heaven". I would just love to make a Montana run right about now or maybe in a couple weeks if the weather improves. PNW has been wet and it's raining as we speak. Not complaining as we need the rain and not forest fires especially with this virus.
slowdave likes this.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 09:23 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:

The difference is between a country that can tell (dictate) their citizens what to do and they comply or face serious penalties for early withdrawal. Look at how "guidelines" and "recommendations" were received by a country with still a sizeable minority of people who remember what a Constitution is.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 12:09 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Look at how "guidelines" and "recommendations" were received by a country with still a sizeable minority of people who remember what a Constitution is.
...and are not concerned with the health of their fellow man. It is actually possible to know that I have the right to go out in public, carrying the virus, and cough in your face, while at the same time restraining myself to NOT do that out of care for my fellow Americans. Because the US is not an authoritarian country, our government cannot dictate, the government can apply limited restrictions and request certain self-limiting behavior and then depend on the citizens' concern for others to get the job done. It looks like in this case, that hope was misplaced.

bounce and JamesW like this.

San Antonio, TX, USA
2008 FJR1300 (Gen II)
2006 FJR1300 (Gen II) (RIP*)
2004 FJR1300 (Gen I) (RIP*)
*Dang cage drivers.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 08:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

Thumbs down Not happy thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdave View Post
...and are not concerned with the health of their fellow man. It is actually possible to know that I have the right to go out in public, carrying the virus, and cough in your face, while at the same time restraining myself to NOT do that out of care for my fellow Americans. Because the US is not an authoritarian country, our government cannot dictate, the government can apply limited restrictions and request certain self-limiting behavior and then depend on the citizens' concern for others to get the job done. It looks like in this case, that hope was misplaced.

Very sadly I agree with you.
bounce likes this.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2020, 03:05 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hi All:

Heading out west for a 11 day ride today on the new to me 2015 FJR1300ES. To bad most of Glacier is closed. We will still have fun. I already completed a 10 day ride from MN to AR in May.

Doing it a safely as possible. Using a mask whenever entering a restaurant or store. Gas stations use social distancing.

Safe Ride To All,

Cheers,

XS1100
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2020, 06:47 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNatU View Post
Still hiding from Covid?

Donít know about Montana but I slayed the Tail of the Dragon in both directions today. Tons of bikes of all kinds. Those little Honda Groms were gettiní it alongside Porsche 911ís, lol.

I would love to explore the WIDE open spaces out west but Ive only gotten as far as Steamboat Springs, Colorado a couple years ago.

In 2016, I was looking for a newer FJR (had an 07AE at the time) and found my 15ES with 700miles on it not far from Estes Park. Long story short, it came home with ME.

Good luck on your tour. I know theyre out there!
Ha! I was on The Dragon on the 11th and saw the Groms as well! Look like fun bikes for that road. A buddy and I spent three days in the Chattanooga to Cherokee to Asheville triangle. Had great weather and a great time social distancing on bikes. Planning a Rocky Mountain/West Coast run starting in July sometime. Still in planning stage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page