2003 FJR Reincarnation - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

2003 FJR Reincarnation

I have a 2003 FJR 1300 that I have owned since 2006. Less than 8000 miles for a number of reasons. I also ride a Honda VFR and a HD Road Glide. Anyway, the FJR has been sitting since 2015. I know that makes me the atypical mile munching FJR rider. Wanting to get the ol girl spruced up in hopes of doing some long distance touring....with secret visions of IBR kinds of stuff. Planning to take it to my local Yamaha shop for a check up. New battery. Drain the tank and hopefully get her running again. You guys think Iím being realistic or do you think so many dormant years will have resulted in reliability issues long term?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 08:37 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Siphon the fuel out and shine a flashlight in there looking for rust..... if only minor, put a half tank of fresh with say 4 ounces of Seafoam, swish a bit to mix it (or put the Seafoam in before the fuel). Once you get your new battery, turn on the ignition to get the fuel pump to run (it will time out after a few seconds). Do that a couple of times. You can start it if you want, or at least attempt to.... idea being to get some of the treated fuel into the injectors... if it doesn't start, let it sit a few hours and try again. I'm betting it will fire right up.
philharmonic likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page