2021 Yamaha FJR - Page 7 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-13-2020, 10:02 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snas View Post
Hey RaYzerman, how you doing? Charlie here, I was at CFR2019 in Baie Comeau, (the only blue FJR there) was actually the unofficial translator for the group! Sure hope there will be a 2021 model! I just totalled my Ď16ES a few weeks ago (broke tibia, & fibula,(open fracture) surgery, pin from knee to ankle)
Take care Ray.
Mr. Collings told me a bit about your story..... So, if you remember, you and I were riding down 389 from Manic 5 trying to keep up with the Goldwing. You passed me then I chased you on all those sweepers... the Goldwing decided not to do 125 any more, and we passed him...... that was a good ride.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 05:00 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
A terminally ill friend gave me an '05 Bergman with 952 miles on it a few years back. I drove over to his home in Huntsville, AL, to pick it up, and he died a week later.

I replaced the tires, put plugs in it, changed the fluids, and it was good to go.

I put less than 100 miles on it just around local. I really had to concentrate on not pulling the clutch and locking up the rear brake when stopping. It was very nimble on the country roads in my area. Speed limits are 45, but I kept looking at the speedo and finding myself doing 60+. I mean, I do way over the speed limit on the FJR and ZRX too, but at least, on them I know it The Burgy was deceptively fast. I think it was because the engine sound never seemed to change, no matter how fast I was going.

I kept it a couple of years and really tried to like it for John, but I just couldn't get into it. I finally decided it was silly to let it just sit there and rot and sold it.

They are very capable bikes though. I've had several older friends go to them and put some serious miles on them. One of my friends and his wife (below) toured the country on one with a Givi box and put over 100,000 miles on one in a very short time. That was riding two-up.
So were BOTH the husband and wife on the Bergman ?? Or did they each have one?
I have read it is a very comfortable bike.. but too up might stretch it a bit

2010 FJR 1300 2003 Suzuki bandit 1200
post #63 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 06:16 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way8lifter View Post
So were BOTH the husband and wife on the Bergman ?? Or did they each have one?
I have read it is a very comfortable bike.. but too up might stretch it a bit
Both on one bike with a Givi trunk on the back. They led a ride in SD several years ago and many of the Goldwingers were complaining that they had trouble keeping up.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100

post #64 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Farkle Trainee

FJR is getting a little dated. I wish Yamaha would not only continue offering it as a option in the sport touring segment but also give it a real update. If you want to see a real update check out the 2021 R1250RT.

And yes I know this is an FJR forum.
RERJr and Donk like this.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob

Last edited by Myfjr; 10-19-2020 at 06:34 PM.
post #65 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 03:14 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfjr View Post
FJR is getting a little dated. I wish Yamaha would not only continue offering it as a option in the sport touring segment but also give it a real update. If you want to see a real update check out the 2021 R1250RT.

(video)

And yes I know the is a FJR forum.
I love the electronics. I love the styling from the top of the front fender up. I'm not a real fan of the lack of lower fairing. Just a styling element I know... but I've always liked to be able to tuck my legs in if it is raining and be able to mitigate the water intrusion. In fact, it is one thing I missed when I moved to the FJR from the ST1100, where I was able to fully isolate wind and rain all the way down to my feet.

Just aesthetically, it looks too naked on the lower half (for me). Other BMW issues (for me), initial cost, maintenance cost, and amount of maintenance. The FJR seems more reliable with less overall maintenance that a rider can DIY.

I, for one, hope they don't integrate too much technology. At the point where it gets out of price range for most the sales will be killed.
RERJr and 2GENAE like this.

"The only barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it."
2008 Yamaha FJR1300AE
2002 Honda ST1100
...fully farkled.

Last edited by Dale I; 10-18-2020 at 03:17 PM.
post #66 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 03:53 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Wonder how much that ďupdatedĒ beemer is ?

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #67 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 05:39 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
from 2 days ago:
"We donít have prices or availability dates yet."

You'll have to be careful looking at the prices when they come out. That forward facing radar is extra...

A current model will set you back about $25k??? (pre-farkle)

"The only barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it."
2008 Yamaha FJR1300AE
2002 Honda ST1100
...fully farkled.
post #68 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

Iíve owned three BMWs, two of them 1600s and a S1000r.

I did a 100 mile test ride on a loaded R1200RT a couple of years ago. There were things I like a lot about the bike, but the rocking at low speed and some vibrations at all speeds concerned me. But what really pushed me over the edge to go back to the FJR (I had a 2006 FJR previous to the BMWs) was simply that the price difference made no sense to buy an RT compared to the FJR. And because my wife quit riding with me I didnít need the extra size of the 1600.

Cost no object I understand that the RT is a neat bike, and one I would look at again to see what difference the 1250 engine made, and now the new instruments makes. But cost is an object to me now.
hANNAbONE likes this.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 Honda CBR1000rr
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
post #69 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 11:31 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Click and Clack- the Tappet Brothers always said, "life's too short to own a German [vehicle]."
Mr_Ed, passx and hANNAbONE like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-19-2020, 02:25 AM
Farkle Trainee

Well, I hear the expected price is around $27k - $28k. I'll stay with the FeeJeR and save the rest for the trips I would never take with the Beemer.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page