2021 Yamaha FJR - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 01:22 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
It will be the last year in the EU due to unable to meet Euro5 emissions. On our side of the pond, no such increased requirements.
Why do you think it won’t meet those standards? The engine is so mildly tuned I would think it would be easy to get it to meet them.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
How about an USA. XJR1300. With FR1300 power plant
passx likes this.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
Why do you think it won’t meet those standards? The engine is so mildly tuned I would think it would be easy to get it to meet them.
The Euro5 standards are much stricter and many larger displacement bikes will not be able to meet them. Lots of discussion elsewhere... so the special edition is Europe's last FJR.
I fully expect a 2021, but they aren't really selling. Just hope Yamaha sells enough to keep making it worthwhile.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 08:00 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Always a rumor of some kind on this,, when I bought my 14a in April of 15 I had discovered this site and the rumors were swirling that there would be no more or the delay in introducing a new one was due to a major makeover with a 1500cc triple, 6spd rumored replacement (all due to the success of the fz09). I waited & waited wanting to see what they came out with and was so disappointed when the 15 was released after all the hype. After they released the 15, I began my search for a Red 14a as I really liked that red.

Now let me state that there is nothing wrong with the 15’s I just prefer red and when Yamaha came out with the 2007’s it really made me wake up and want one and the red on the 14 which is nearly the same as what was oe on my 80 CBX really set me off. And then the fact that Red is the fastest color was just icing on the cake ������

Have a good day guy’s and be safe out there, finally starting to warm up here in nw Indiana along with severe storms that should wash the salt & sand off the roads, hopefully may be able to get the bikes out before long.

Personally, I think there will be a 2021 fjr, Yamaha has nothing else really in the touring category for the older guy’s that have the money to buy. The ill conceived v-twin thing they came out with was so over weight and slow that somebody should’ve lost their job over that mess, no interest in that at all and if you think the fjr is a slow seller my local dealer can’t give those away, I’d buy a much lighter better powered Harley or probably an Indian before that mess. My.02
Myfjr and kukablack like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 03-27-2020 at 08:12 AM.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-28-2020, 11:00 PM
Farkle Trainee

Got to agree with @passx on that one. Why Yamaha thinks that big sow is their future is beyond me. Especially if you look at their success with lighter bikes like the FJ-07 & 09 and the Tracer.

I might also add that he is correct about red being the best looking and fastest color.
passx likes this.

The resident KTM owner.

‘14 FJR (sold)
‘03 FZ1
‘13 990 SMT
‘15 1290 Super Adventure T
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 12:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
My opinion is the FJR is getting replaced by the Tracer and Super Tenere. Sales are pretty much in the tank lately, and dealers struggle to stock bike that will realistically sell.

'06 Suzuki DR650
'15 Yamaha FJR
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 02:15 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I don't think we will know until December 2021. Big bore adventure bikes have had a big impact the sales of Sport Touring bikes.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 02:40 PM
Farkle Trainee

I don't think Yamaha will ever discontinue the FJR.

The least they could do is just keep it the same with some minor improvements and a slightly different fairing and styling than the Gen III

Have been hearing about Suzuki discontinuing the Hayabusa since so so long they always keep it every year with very minor cosmetic changes.

FJR is the the motorcycle they will never discontinue because even with fewer or declining sales it still is one of the best made super-sport touring machine.

Only other motorcycle they have in this category is Tracer and the other funny looking is the Niken which I am sure they will shutdown !
passx likes this.

Current Motorcycles

2014 FJR 1300 A Red

2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 Carburetted
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 05:23 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have the same opinion as most above,,, generally bike sales are in the toilet, even the Wings and the almighty Harley’s aren’t really selling, kinda points to the fact that the “middle class” incomes are really depleted with no real disposable income today.

Everyone I know including myself have found the Super Tenere to be just “meh”, and the tracer GT in my opinion was a big swing and a miss, just not as “finished” as the fjr, they fell short in my opinion. With all the issues that I’ve had with my fjr I have seriously looked at other bikes but not found any to fill the shoes of my fjr.

I will also admit that I really dislike the top heaviness of the fjr and post covid and my own Vertigo problems I plan on taking ride to check out the ninja 1000 touring if they’ve indeed added cruise to it for a lighter bike but quite frankly I find the bags to be way to small. Then again the VFR series has some appeal, just no cruise. We’ll see !

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 03-29-2020 at 05:26 PM.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 10:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

There is a picture of a crashed ‘16 FJR in the for sale section. When you look at the bike without plastics on it is easy to see where Yamaha could save a ton of weight if they weren’t trying to milk a 20 year old design until they kill it. As much as I’m not a fan of BMW the RT seems to get complete updates when needed not just a face lift on the same old design.
hANNAbONE and SpokaneJim like this.

The resident KTM owner.

‘14 FJR (sold)
‘03 FZ1
‘13 990 SMT
‘15 1290 Super Adventure T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page