Sit and Fly Seat Cover for Stock Seat - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Sit and Fly Seat Cover for Stock Seat

Greetings Fellow Feegers! I’ve been amazed with my new to me 2014 ES (Higher Horsepower Lipstick Red) since taking ownership in June of 2019...The Farkeling bug has been in full swing since she’s been taking refuge in my garage. Where the heck did $2,200 go I ask? That does include some riding apparel, but I had to perform an emergency stop to the spending...My last major upgrade to consider was a seat (Laam, RDL, Seat Concepts, etc.) due to butt burn after 100 miles in the saddle. Well, what could I find that’s really cheap (less than $50 to cure my backside bruising) and I just may have!

I found a Seat Cover on eBay called the Sit and Fly Seat Cover. It’s rather hard to explain, but it’s a mesh material than stretches over the stock seats. These is an inner mesh that acts as a shock absorber while providing much cooling to “The Boys” while you ride, WOW! I actually cut the cover to stretch and staple to the seat pan (wife doesn’t ride, curves give her the Wee Wee’s) so the cover is only for me. The comfort level is amazing, it seems to allow more blood flow throughout my buns, and keeping me cool. Hey, for $25 Bucks, I’m really pleased. Did I mention it’s waterproof too! I’ll try to get some pics up for all to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
Greetings Fellow Feegers! I’ve been amazed with my new to me 2014 ES (Higher Horsepower Lipstick Red) since taking ownership in June of 2019...The Farkeling bug has been in full swing since she’s been taking refuge in my garage. Where the heck did $2,200 go I ask? That does include some riding apparel, but I had to perform an emergency stop to the spending...My last major upgrade to consider was a seat (Laam, RDL, Seat Concepts, etc.) due to butt burn after 100 miles in the saddle. Well, what could I find that’s really cheap (less than $50 to cure my backside bruising) and I just may have!

I found a Seat Cover on eBay called the Sit and Fly Seat Cover. It’s rather hard to explain, but it’s a mesh material than stretches over the stock seats. These is an inner mesh that acts as a shock absorber while providing much cooling to “The Boys” while you ride, WOW! I actually cut the cover to stretch and staple to the seat pan (wife doesn’t ride, curves give her the Wee Wee’s) so the cover is only for me. The comfort level is amazing, it seems to allow more blood flow throughout my buns, and keeping me cool. Hey, for $25 Bucks, I’m really pleased. Did I mention it’s waterproof too! I’ll try to get some pics up for all to check out.
Not the best photo, I’ll try to find others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A6C9747C-0A9B-43EA-87A6-B9F61B65A188_1579726563576.jpeg (137.0 KB, 38 views)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:

I found a Seat Cover on eBay called the Sit and Fly Seat Cover. It’s rather hard to explain, but it’s a mesh material than stretches over the stock seats. There is an inner mesh that acts as a shock absorber while providing much cooling to “The Boys” while you ride, WOW! I actually cut the cover to stretch and staple to the seat pan (wife doesn’t ride, curves give her the Wee Wee’s) so the cover is only for me. The comfort level is amazing, it seems to allow more blood flow throughout my buns, and keeping me cool. Hey, for $25 Bucks, I’m really pleased. Did I mention it’s waterproof too! I’ll try to get some pics up for all to check out.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133205220121

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

[QUOTE=Chico;1239845][QUOTE=Chico;1239841]Greetings Fellow Feegers! I’ve been amazed with my new to me 2014 ES (Higher Horsepower Lipstick Red) since taking ownership in June of 2019...The Farkeling bug has been in full swing since she’s been taking refuge in my garage. Where the heck did $2,200 go I ask? That does include some riding apparel, but I had to perform an emergency stop to the spending...My last major upgrade to consider was a seat (Laam, RDL, Seat Concepts, etc.) due to butt burn after 100 miles in the saddle. Well, what could I find that’s really cheap (less than $50 to cure my backside bruising) and I just may have!

I found a Seat Cover on eBay called the Sit and Fly Seat Cover. It’s rather hard to explain, but it’s a mesh material than stretches over the stock seats. There is an inner mesh that acts as a shock absorber while providing much cooling to “The Boys” while you ride, WOW! I actually cut the cover to stretch and staple to the seat pan (wife doesn’t ride, curves give her the Wee Wee’s) so the cover is only for me. The comfort level is amazing, it seems to allow more blood flow throughout my buns, and keeping me cool. Hey, for $25 Bucks, I’m really pleased. Did I mention it’s waterproof too! I’ll try to get some pics up for all to check out.[/QUOTE
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

[QUOTE=Chico;1239847][QUOTE=Chico;1239845]
Quote:

I found a Seat Cover on eBay called the Sit and Fly Seat Cover. It’s rather hard to explain, but it’s a mesh material than stretches over the stock seats. There is an inner mesh that acts as a shock absorber while providing much cooling to “The Boys” while you ride, WOW! I actually cut the cover to stretch and staple to the seat pan (wife doesn’t ride, curves give her the Wee Wee’s) so the cover is only for me. The comfort level is amazing, it seems to allow more blood flow throughout my buns, and keeping me cool. Hey, for $25 Bucks, I’m really pleased. Did I mention it’s waterproof too! I’ll try to get some pics up for all to check out.[/QUOTE
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:54 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Hmmm that might come in handy for one of my bikes..... however the basic problem is still there, the unfriendly shape of the base seat... needs to be flatter, not crowned (which I have done and you can do too!). Wider would be nice too, that's why we spend the big bucks on aftermarket seats.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 09:26 PM
Farkle Trainee

Why do I smell SPAM?
passx and georgepittenger like this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:36 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

This cover was commonly discussed on my old bike's forum, and I ended up getting one... and have to say, I was pretty happy with it. It added a small amount of cushion and airflow and was an easy and cheap mod. (SEE MY NEXT POST BELOW RE: BUYING IT)

I put it on using a bunch of Zip Ties and it was too bulky and bunched up. I took it off and sewed it all using thick plastic thread and removed the zip ties as I went around.

2014oldred and Kelvin like this.

Current bike: 2015 FJR1300A
Previous bike: 2014 NC750x

Last edited by lue42; 01-23-2020 at 08:52 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:48 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Ok, Chico is a reseller... he should definitely post in the reseller/for sale forum or state it.

Regardless of that - it is cheap and easy to put on.

It can be found dirt cheap (like here for ~$5) - DON'T pay $30 for it in the link above... search for "motorcycle mesh seat cover" on AliExpress or Ebay and pick the cheapest seller... there is no size (get an XL and share the leftovers with another rider. You will need to cut and secure it like I did above.

Current bike: 2015 FJR1300A
Previous bike: 2014 NC750x

Last edited by lue42; 01-23-2020 at 08:53 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

After reading lots of reviews and watching videos I bought one of these. Hey for $26 how can you go wrong. It will get here the first week of February and will be putting it to the test. I have no issues at all with the stock seat but every little bit of cushion helps and I like the airflow they claim which of course can be a problem on all seats. I will be posting a review as soon as I am able.
passx and FjrjrF like this.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page