FJR Owners Forum banner

Long Road Ahead

9K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Royhobbs1977 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Im planning a long trip coming up 17,253KM to be exact around the entire USA. We are doing it over 15 days. My question is, is there a tire that will last the whole trip? We will be riding through the summer, through some mountains in Montana, California and TN. We will be going to Key West etc. I have used BT020 on my st1300 but I have a FJR as well. they will both be going on this trip. If there isn't a tire then any recommendations of people that can change tires after hours along the eastern seaboard would be great!

Thanks guys

#47 ·
Hey man, my buddy and I are notorious for putting an insane amount of miles in the saddle over short periods of time. We spend most of our time riding and hardly ever do the sight seeing, and that is how we prefer it. The direction and destinations we are heading are simply excuses to be on the bikes. As long as we are moving we are happy. If we are on a trip for more than a couple weeks we might take a day to rest and only ride a couple hundred miles, other than that we are moving from sun up to sun down and having a blast. Not many people like to travel this way, but it is how we do and I have a feeling you do, too. For us its always about how many miles we can squeeze in with the amount of time we have to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.