2020 fjr1300 - Page 10 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Yamaha has the 2020 FJR on their website.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 11:48 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Yep. One more year where there supposedly wasn’t supposed to be an fjr. One more year where there is an fjr.... I like the color.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Yep. One more year where there supposedly wasn’t supposed to be an fjr. One more year where there is an fjr.... I like the color.
Bill, I believe there was always going to be a 2020. In Europe they have some badged as “Final Edition”. If I understand it correctly 2020 is the last year, at least in Europe. No matter what happens my guess is there’s still about 2-3 years supply sitting on dealer’s floors so not to worry. I don’t expect my ‘14 will wear out any time soon.
Bill Lumberg and FjrjrF like this.

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 09:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sure would be nice IF a 2020 “special” actually would come with the “touring” windscreen & seat as standard equipment instead of the miserable seat they’ve always mounted. Like Bill above I find the color along with the gold wheels & accents very nice, I’ve long thought that having my current wheels anodized gold would look good on my “fastest color” 2014 red.

Hope you all had a wonderful xmas and will have a great new year, I look forward to hearing the ride reports from those of you who get to ride during the normally harsh winter here in nw Indiana. Thx for the “lift” !
FjrjrF likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Sure would be nice IF a 2020 “special” actually would come with the “touring” windscreen & seat as standard equipment instead of the miserable seat they’ve always mounted.
If Yamaha was looking at FJR websites and seeing how individualistic the personal preferences are for windshields and saddles, a brief perusal would be exhibit #1 why they WOULDN'T do that.

FJR owners have more disposable income that typical motorcyclists and are used to making whatever modifications are needed to make the bike theirs.
Bill Lumberg likes this.
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 12:49 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Wheaton, I somewhat agree with your analogy but would add that if they did make any attempt to understand their intended customers they would realize that easily the most complained about feature would easily be the seat with the windshield and the poor rear subframes in second.

As you stated many would still go with some kind of aftermarket seat but the number of oe seat happy people would be quite a bit more, imho of course. I think the touring screen as oe would please most as well as seen by the number of people here that go with that, but some wouldn’t be happy as you stated but I think more would be than not.

The stock seat with only a few exceptions is just plain horrible, I applaud those that can tolerate it but it rates as 1 of the 2 worst seats I’ve ever experienced, they should be embarrased because a much better seat is an easy fix.

The subframe is something else altogether that should embarrass Yamaha that they’ve created a whole aftermarket segment to fix that shortcoming. Simply adding their heavy aluminum rack is a huge improvement but I’m sure that Givi(sr357) and Shad (tube rack) are happy that Yamaha doesn’t care, maybe one of the Yamaha execs brother-in-laws owns those companies. My .02 for what it’s worth. But the seat & subframe should embarrass them.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 07:52 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

There were serious discussions almost every year about the previous year being the last. Someone would actually talk to someone at corporate and be told they had no information on another FJR being offered past the old model. Then the normal deadline would pass for the new year model to appear on the website and the bells would toll louder. I’m not discounting any current information out there. My post was referencing the annual “FJR is out of production/going out of production” discussion that has been happening every year since before I bought my 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
Bill, I believe there was always going to be a 2020. In Europe they have some badged as “Final Edition”. If I understand it correctly 2020 is the last year, at least in Europe. No matter what happens my guess is there’s still about 2-3 years supply sitting on dealer’s floors so not to worry. I don’t expect my ‘14 will wear out any time soon.
wheaton and N4HHE like this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Farkle Trainee

First video I’ve seen posted of the new 2020 FJR...not a fan of the gold. Starts at 7:07.

https://youtu.be/MQARdpMxSNw

2016 FJR1300A
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 06:12 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
First video I’ve seen posted of the new 2020 FJR...not a fan of the gold. Starts at 7:07.

https://youtu.be/MQARdpMxSNw
Nope, not a fan here either. What's with the tank stripe? That looks like crap.
mortenk likes this.

Russ
2007A

post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old Today, 01:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Nope, not a fan here either. What's with the tank stripe? That looks like crap.
Easy fix with a little touch-up paint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page