LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I am selling my FJR

//// SOLD \\\\

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...0-A-5009379846
N4HHE likes this.

My first car was a motorcycle.

Last edited by Uncle Meat; Today at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Wow. I hate to see you stop doing something you love so much. I hope you can find a way to enjoy riding somehow.
Uncle Meat likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:04 PM
red
FJR Top Gun

I am selling my FJR

Uncle Meat,

Sorry to hear about this. Before you sell, you might want to consider some possibilities:

Look up Yehudi lights. In WW2, they mounted them on the front of our attack bombers, to conceal the planes from U-boat lookouts. With the right intensity set to match the background lighting, the planes were practically invisible until 'way to close. I almost pulled my Blazer out in front of a crossing biker once. All I saw was a black rat coming down the road (the bottom of the front tire). I slammed on the brakes: no blood, no foul. I was not impaired, old, or distracted - the large bike headlight had blended the bike into the sand-glittered roadway. NOVA (PBS-TV) vanished a tank on a ridge-line, with a bank of lights that were set to the right intensity.

Have your eyes checked, especially for a dull film that can develop which reduces vision quality even when the eyes themselves are good. I wear eyeglasses now, and there have been several times when they have splattered bugs or other stuff that would have hit my eyes hard, without them. I now prefer solid shatterproof lenses over any other type of vision correction. They also block out all Ultra-Violet light (both A & B), which helps keep down any sunlight damage to the eyes.

People think that eyesight can dim with age, but often it's not really age, it's just a lack of the right vitamins. A good pharmacist (ask several) can recommend the correct "eyesight" vitamins; they are just the right mix to reverse failing vision. The vitamins may not be cheap, but good vision is priceless.

HTH. In the end, nobody but you can make the call, and your judgment rules. Best wishes.
Uncle Meat likes this.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:40 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sorry to hear, you seem to enjoy it so much. But "a man's got to know his limitations" and living to make the choice is important. Best of luck!!
N4HHE, Uncle Meat, Myfjr and 2 others like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sorry to hear Uncle Meat... maybe a lighter bike is in order (see recent threads), hate to see you give up something that you love. Yes the mind needs to be always on the lookout when on a bike.... read all the comics, do crosswords/soduku's and read everybody's horoscope and pick the one you like the best.
Uncle Meat likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Hate to hear this and a beautiful bike. Maybe something else is going on and just not feeling well or something but seems you made up your mind. Good luck and take care. Know that day will come to us all.
Uncle Meat likes this.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Sorry to hear Uncle Meat, but...much respect to you for having the wisdom to make your decision responsibly. I figure come the day I have to retire from riding, I’ll still enjoy it somehow, vicariously, watching racing, videos, going to bike shows etc. Best wishes for continued health!
Uncle Meat likes this.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 AM
FJR Top Gun

My heart goes out to you. When the time comes I hope I can/will make the right decision as well.
passx, Uncle Meat and cra-z1 like this.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Any chance of doing a 'part out' on the bike?
Lee
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 AM
red
FJR Top Gun

I am selling my FJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreman View Post
Any chance of doing a 'part out' on the bike?
Lee
Lee,

Sorry, man, but that is cold. This rider is considering that he quits riding (his choice), but he now has a whole bike that may be sold for good money. I would never part out a healthy bike, myself, and I would not ask anybody else to do that.

Even if the man sells the bike, or parts, this is still not a good time to ask.

All IMHO, of course.
N4HHE and btl68 like this.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in