I am selling my FJR - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

No offense intended but the man has made a decision. I'm not going to try & cajole him into reconsidering. If he's happy w/his decision, that's his business, nobody else's. Likewise for whether or not he's selling it as is or will part out.

And seeing as the market for FJR's is slow, it might make sense for him to do a part-out, return the bike to stock.

And fer crying out loud, try to not be offended on someone else's behalf. It's part of the bigger outrage problem America faces nowadays. If the man has an issue w/my asking, he can say so & I'll withdraw my comments.

Sheesh.
bounce and Myfjr like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:52 AM
red
FJR Top Gun

I am selling my FJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreman View Post
No offense intended but the man has made a decision. I'm not going to try & cajole him into reconsidering. If he's happy w/his decision, that's his business, nobody else's. Likewise for whether or not he's selling it as is or will part out. And fer crying out loud, try to not be offended on someone else's behalf. It's part of the bigger outrage problem America faces nowadays. If the man has an issue w/my asking, he can say so & I'll withdraw my comments. Sheesh.
Spectreman,

No offense taken here, and none intended. I'm only saying, timing is everything.
Nothing more, nothing less. I will respect the man's decision, of course. It is his personal decision only.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

You're right- timing is everything cuz if it wasn't me who asked, someone else would.

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Hey there. Sorry to hear this, but I have great respect for someone who can recognize when the time comes to make needed changes for one's own safety as well as the loved ones that care about them.

Not sitting on top of a bike does not mean you're no longer a motorcyclist. I hope you'll stay here and keep sharing your years of wisdom with the rest of us...cheers
Mr_Ed likes this.

2004 FJR1300A
2017 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535
I ride bikes cause four wheels are much harder to lean🤪
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Any chance of doing a 'part out' on the bike?
Lee
Only if you consider the entire bike "one" part.
JohnC, ysifly2 and Blueridgerider like this.

My first car was a motorcycle.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I think it is smart to realize "The Time" might have come to hang up the keys but the first thing that came to my mind is, Man, if I traveled that long and thru all those states I think my mind would be a little foggy too especially at the end of the trip or if your pushing your limits to make destinations etc. Just a thought, but maybe asses how sharp you are on normal rides and if your fine, consider shortening the Iron Butt stuff.
Gitbox likes this.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
I just got back from my annual X-Country trip (WI, MN, SD, WY, MT, ID WA, OR, CA and back). Normally I live for these trips. However this time it was different. My concentration isn't what is used to be and there were a couple of times I was ready to pull out into the road (after looking both ways, several times) and almost pulled in front of an 18 wheeler I didn't see. My mind isn't what it used to be. After thinking about this for several days in the saddle I decided the Almighty is telling me to call it quits while I still can. My bike is listed on Cyletrader but if you are interested, PM me and I will give a FJRowners.com discount.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...0-A-5009379846

I don't mean to be patriarchal and dismiss your awareness of yourself. But I have experience something similar in long trips...mostly due to NOT following the advice given to me by a heavy duty touring windinger who once told me: No matter what you do, always get off the bike about every hour--even if it is to walk around the bike and get back on it.

The reason being is that the road can have a hypnotic effect on you, especially after several days of riding.

another good advice is to ride for about 5 days and then take a day off...5 days give or take a couple depending on your personal resistance to the wind and noise effecting your physical and mental stages. Its good to visit someone and hang out their place, or simply stay in a motel a day, take in a movie--do something else.

It is commendable to wear a good set of ear plugs to block as much wind noise as possible. It is clear in research that noise causes your brain to react in 'flight' response and thus causes a great deal of fatigue. Noise on a motorcycle = fatigue.

There is also the factor of burnt-out. Anyone can burn-out doing anything, even stuff you like. So, this one year you burned-out, it might not necesseraly mean the good Lord wants to spend your Summers watching Sesame Street with your grandkids. It could be that you just burnt-out early this one Summer.

Anyway, good luck in your decision. God bless you.
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Uncle Meat,

Good luck with the sale and your next chapter! Glad to hear you didn't pull in front of the tractor/trailer. If you don't mind, could you share with us your age, how long you've been riding, other physical or mental activity you're involved in? We all will eventually need to hang it up one day but your experience could be beneficial to some of us on how we can still stay in the sport as long as we can.

Take care,
Jesse

2015 FJR1300A
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Any chance of doing a 'part out' on the bike?
Lee
Parting out a perfectly running 2016 FJR with only 20000 miles on it? Are you out of your freakin' mind?

Not qute the same situation, but I am in the process of restoring three '50s and '60 vintage shortwave receivers ( a Collins R-388 and two Hammarlund HQ-145s, one I bought for parts), but I am pretty sure I can salvage the second HQ-145. If so, it's a good thing because once you part out one of them, they are gone.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRat View Post
I don't mean to be patriarchal and dismiss your awareness of yourself. But I have experience something similar in long trips...mostly due to NOT following the advice given to me by a heavy duty touring windinger who once told me: No matter what you do, always get off the bike about every hour--even if it is to walk around the bike and get back on it.

The reason being is that the road can have a hypnotic effect on you, especially after several days of riding.

another good advice is to ride for about 5 days and then take a day off...5 days give or take a couple depending on your personal resistance to the wind and noise effecting your physical and mental stages. Its good to visit someone and hang out their place, or simply stay in a motel a day, take in a movie--do something else.

It is commendable to wear a good set of ear plugs to block as much wind noise as possible. It is clear in research that noise causes your brain to react in 'flight' response and thus causes a great deal of fatigue. Noise on a motorcycle = fatigue.

There is also the factor of burnt-out. Anyone can burn-out doing anything, even stuff you like. So, this one year you burned-out, it might not necesseraly mean the good Lord wants to spend your Summers watching Sesame Street with your grandkids. It could be that you just burnt-out early this one Summer.

Anyway, good luck in your decision. God bless you.
Hi,

I already do most of which you suggest. I take frequent breaks (water, snacks, etc.) and I ride to National Parks where I spend a few days off the bike walking around. I wear Bose Quiet Comfort noise canceling earbuds (which are fantastic). I have comfortable gear (Klim Latitude, Induction).

Spending time with my grandkids watching whatever they want to watch is time well spent and time which you can never get back if you miss it. I would like to take the grandkids traveling (National Parks, Europe, Asia, etc.). I would love to give them the gift of showing them the world. I did this for my daughters and I now consider it one of the most important parts of their development.

My first car was a motorcycle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page