Givi V47 Admore Lighting - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Givi V47 Admore Lighting

I recently purchased and received the Givi V47 Top Case. With it I also purchased the $50+ Givi light kit from the drop down menu. I quickly realized there was an Admore option so I returned the Givi one and ordered the Admore. I have the Admore Bar on my Z900 and love it. On that bike it has a very small tail light (shaped like a Z which is pretty cool but small) so I purchased the Admore. Not only is it bright but is integrated with the turns signals. Huge safety difference on that bike.

Upon further review (hey its football season) I ordered the $30 Admore Plug and Play Adaptor to avoid slicing and splicing the bikes wiring. So far I think I have the best set up available. I am not looking forward to drilling holes in the case but ya have to do what ya have to do right?

What I would really like is lights on all 4 of the Givi's rear lenses, top and bottom. I had and sold a 2008 Wing and loved that you were seen riding that bike so I thought it would be great to have as much lighting as possible on the FJR. It seems the V46 has kits available like I want equipped for 4 rear lights but that the V47 does not. I have reached out to Admore to get their feedback but also was wondering what experience other riders here have not only with Admore but in general installing and lights in these Givi's and the bike in general. Thanks to anyone taking the time to help me.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I'm not much for Admore kits only because their LED's are not all that bright for all the expense, I'll lump Givi's lame kits in there too. Their brake lights make good tail lights kinda thing, although that's not quite fair. At night they stand out more and are ok then.
You can buy lots of LED strips that are much lighter and if you know how to incorporate a resistor and a diode, you can turn them into running and brake lights/signals. I had a V46 and simply used single LED's in those 4 spots with the appropriate resistor as running lights. Brighter than Admore's. Cheap. But you have to do a wee bit of homework on how to configure LED's. Not that hard. Newer LED's have changed the game too.
Blueridgerider likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I'm not much for Admore kits only because their LED's are not all that bright for all the expense, I'll lump Givi's lame kits in there too. Their brake lights make good tail lights kinda thing, although that's not quite fair. At night they stand out more and are ok then.
You can buy lots of LED strips that are much lighter and if you know how to incorporate a resistor and a diode, you can turn them into running and brake lights/signals. I had a V46 and simply used single LED's in those 4 spots with the appropriate resistor as running lights. Brighter than Admore's. Cheap. But you have to do a wee bit of homework on how to configure LED's. Not that hard. Newer LED's have changed the game too.
Thanks for the response. I have been all over YouTube looking for a "Good draw me a map" video on somebody's custom install for LED lights and there really aren't any that I can find. Lots of hey look what I did to my Givi where you see the final product but not much on how I made and installed it. Since I have already purchased the Admore kit I would imagine I can install that and maybe configure come additional lighting to the case. They state that you can add 2 more lights to the harness that comes with their kit. I am looking forward to EOM and hope to get some ideas there. Man their stuff is expensive and I sent back the Givi $58 kit as I had read the Admore was better. Will suck if it is lame especially for that price. I cannot see having a top case and not incorporating some good lights for safety.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I almost went with the Admore kit because I had one on an E52 and it was bright. I've read reviews here and elsewhere they aren't that great for some reason on the V47 so I just bought my own LED's. I did the easy thing and just wired them up as brake lights. Mine are bright even during the day; search this forum for my post.

You can run your Admore kit and decide if you aren't satisfied with the LEDs just upgrade the lights. You will want to use a silicone sealant on the lenses as they aren't water proof.

2015 FJR1300A
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
I almost went with the Admore kit because I had one on an E52 and it was bright. I've read reviews here and elsewhere they aren't that great for some reason on the V47 so I just bought my own LED's. I did the easy thing and just wired them up as brake lights. Mine are bright even during the day; search this forum for my post.

You can run your Admore kit and decide if you aren't satisfied with the LEDs just upgrade the lights. You will want to use a silicone sealant on the lenses as they aren't water proof.
Thanks Jesse! I will look for your post. It sounds just like the information I was hoping to find.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:44 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I find admore’s light bars to be superb. Bright and durable. I, too, used the plug and play harness it 14 and on my 18. I bought an E55 a while back with the lighting option. No idea if it was Givi or admore. Wasn’t super bright.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I find admore’s light bars to be superb. Bright and durable. I, too, used the plug and play harness it 14 and on my 18. I bought an E55 a while back with the lighting option. No idea if it was Givi or admore. Wasn’t super bright.
Hi Bill, I appreciate your response but need to ask you a clarifying question. My post has to do with the Admore Light Kit for inside the Givi V47 case and the brightness of it. In your post you are talking about this Admore Light Bar?

https://admorelighting.com/product/a...ght-bar-large/

If so, I have this exact same bar on my Z900 and love it. It is very bright and works with the turn signals. Mine has a deceleration function which is fantastic for the Z since that bike decels so quickly its almost like hitting the brakes. Do you have this bar installed on the FJR? if so I would be interested in where. I have looked over the rear of my 2016 and do not see a good spot for it. Thanks!

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I had lighting in my Givi case. And I have an admore light bar. Liked the bar. Unimpressed with the case lighting.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

I looked at the Admore lights for my case (v47) at a bike show display. I didn't bother with the purchase as the lights were way to dim.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 07:35 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I put a Whelen Strip-Lite bar (~$80) on mine, has 96 LED's including signals, but is 11"+ long. The Admore light bar is similar but shorter, more compact... and I think has sequential signals?
I mounted mine up under the top box with a couple of home-made aluminum brackets, ran the lighting down into the rear saddlebag slot, protected by some extra heat shrink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020999.jpg (277.3 KB, 13 views)

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page