Is it totaled? - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

When mine was totaled, I removed the Russell seats, Denali fork lights, Pirates lair backrest. It only dropped the payoff by about $150. They don't value those accessories at anywhere near full value. I left the Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse block and Powerlet outlets. I was supposed to put my stock seat back on but since the bike was over 100 miles from home when it happened and was towed to storage at that location, I never got a chance to replace the seat. This was all with permission of my GEICO adjuster.
Redfish likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

Cheap plug here, Please forgive me, DJB1300, A nice 2014 ES with lots of farkles just came up for sale in the bikes for sale section. But heal up and get your motoring wits back before getting back on the horse.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

When Pop totaled his '07 he had Progressive. The adjuster had no problem with me stripping off whatever I wanted to take. As we looked the bike over together I mentioned that it was not going to be possible for me to remove the aftermarket heated grips. He looked at them then asked me what they cost. He told me that was not an issue, he would include that cost in the check. He did ask that if I took the Laam seat that I at least put the stock seat back on so it would have a seat.
H20man likes this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page