Is it totaled? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Thanks Redfish, I will keep everyone posted on the progress. There are a great group of people on this forum. Thanks for the well wishes even though Redfish had me laughing and now Iím sore again 😂🥵
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Sorry about your encounter with the deer. Hope you mend well. Looks like they will total the bike. Start looking for used ones and get an idea what people are asking, also Nada in case they want to low ball you. I just got back from Minnesota and had a close one with a dog. Lucky he stopped just before the front wheel. Never saw him coming as I was concentrating on passing a truck.
djb1300 likes this.

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Farkle Trainee

Sorry about your loss 😞 and good wishes for your speedy recovery. I dropped one of my FJR at low speed, mostly fairing panels, screen and pannier, fixed it myself at about $2500 in parts. My guess on yours is that it should be totaled. A friend of mine dropped his cbr1000 at speed, he was bruised but ok wearing full leather, his bike was totaled and the insurance allowed him to go to the impound and remove most of the aftermarket farkles, I.e.seat, pipes, screen, power commander etc, he later sold those to ease the pain and offset his deductable.
I also ride in deer country, had a small deer running across the road once, just in front of my "candy RED C1400" doing 90kph, virtualy no time to react, I don't know how we didn't collide, he stepped back 2 inches before my mirror, scarred the living #@$ out of me. After the event I installed the electronic "anti-deer whistle siren thing", saw some deer and cows later, close to the roads and they wouldn't even lift their head, so I don't think the whistle is efficient (and when I turn it on, it's loud so I know it's on). I also had a couple of "venturi type" $10 plastic wildlife deterant ultrasound things, and I don't believe they work either.

Yes constantly scanning, the trees, bushes the pavement...my eyes hurt more then my butt, after a long ride 🙂

Hope you will get better soon, sort things with insurance and move on, and pickup another FJR in much nicer (silver) color 😛 (for better visibility since deer obviously can't see RED very good)
CRBND8D, djb1300 and Redfish like this.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Sorry to hear of your deer encounter, and glad you came out relatively OK, other than your ribs. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
djb1300 likes this.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I hit a deer with a 2013 just over a year ago. I did not go down and my damage was much less than yours, GEICO totaled my bike. Sorry for your injuries, good luck in your recovery.
djb1300 likes this.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I'd say its totaled. If you like fixing bikes, see if your insurance company will let you buy it back. You will likely end up with a salvage title so the value will be maybe 60% of one with a good title so there is not a whole lot of room for rebuild costs. After you fix it, you can ride it or sell it cheap to someone debating between an old gen II or a salvage bike. I'd be tempted to fix it just because. I did it on an old BMW RT100. Insurance paid about $4,700 (including a 10 year old Aerostich), bought it back for $1,200. I fixed it for about $700 and rode it for another couple of years.
djb1300 and 2014oldred like this.

'06 FJR 1300AE
'05 BMW R1200RT
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:57 PM
FVN
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Sorry to hear the bad news but thankfully you are around to tell us about it. I'm from deer country and try to keep my eyes peeled at dusk and dark. They show up quick, fast, and in a hurry! Hope you heal up soon and get everything worked out with the insurance company.
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TY Card.jpg (33.4 KB, 14 views)
djb1300 and Redfish like this.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:16 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
Of course it is a 2014 and those look pretty ugly even without being wrecked. The biggest expense is the Lace Panty Pink Paint. It costs a lot of money to make that Pink Paint. It contains several shades of Maybelline Lipstick, rose petals, nail polish and is mixed in a Louis Vuitton handbag. It is sprayed by hand in a paint booth with pics of flowers, poodles, and cats with ribbons on their ears on each wall. Elton John, Liberace and Barry Manilow songs play softly in the back ground. The painters dress as their favorite Village People band members and none of them actually ride motorcycles. They all carpool to work, usually in a Prius.

That was all a JOKE before anyone gets their panties in a bind and gets mad by the way.

I have some experience with this totaled bike thing and it is Never Good. Let us know if we can help in any way.
@Redfish I don't wear panties as my Duluth keep everything in place, but could you maybe throw the kitchen sink at that paint color just to consider it all done.

OP hope you heal quickly and are back on a ride again soon, take it easy and good luck with the insurance folk.
djb1300 likes this.

2014 FJR1300 Metallic Red
2005 Goldwing- sold
2003 Goldwing- sold
2005 Shadow- sold
2006 Burgman 650- sold
1998 ST1100-Sold
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:29 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Looks totally totalled. I dropped mine on mud at zero speed and it cost nearly £2000 just for the cosmetic bits. Any damage to the under bits makes the cost soar.
djb1300 likes this.

2018 Phantom Blue
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:26 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20man View Post
@Redfish I don't wear panties as my Duluth keep everything in place, but could you maybe throw the kitchen sink at that paint color just to consider it all done.
The Kitchen Sink? I have to stop at some point, folks might think I was insulting their bikes! Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!

For those of you that don't know, my father rides a 2014 FJR. One of my other favorite riding friends rides a 2014 FJR.

And sort of in line with this thread, Pop bought his '14 FJR after he totaled his '07 FJR and nearly did himself in at the same time. His '07 really wasn't hurt that bad all things considered but they totaled it anyway.
djb1300 likes this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page