Dang I am getting old - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I realized I was getting old when I noticed that Playboy's Playmate of the Month was born after I graduated from high school (1964).
And ****, that playmate is older than me... so that's been a while!

Even with a pretty stiff workout regimen, I can get good and sore working in the garage... but the way I know I'm getting old is: older and older females start to look better and better.
Boyitgobob likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I have bought a couple more tools since I did the head bearings on my 2015 so the job was easier. BTL68 loaned me his bearing remover tool set and it was sitting in the trunk of the FJR and I fergetted about it and used a punch / hammer. It took me an hour to clean up tools and my mess just to get the garage back to its normal messy state and it was not till I rolled the FJR in that I saw BTL68's loner set. What can I say except I must be getting old................

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
I have bought a couple more tools since I did the head bearings on my 2015 so the job was easier. BTL68 loaned me his bearing remover tool set and it was sitting in the trunk of the FJR and I fergetted about it and used a punch / hammer. It took me an hour to clean up tools and my mess just to get the garage back to its normal messy state and it was not till I rolled the FJR in that I saw BTL68's loner set. What can I say except I must be getting old................

In the early 1990s I worked at Montgomery Elevator in Moline Illinois. The Chief Engineer was an ancient (in his 80s) guy named Al. One of the engineers had a racy calendar with a buxom, half naked woman lounging in a fishing board pulled up to shore on the wall by his desk. One day Al spotted the calendar and stopped to look at it. He was there for at least a minute and then said, "That's a 16 ft Lund. A **** nice boat.".
cra-z1 likes this.

My first car was a motorcycle.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Unc I am not that old - yet.
Uncle Meat likes this.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:51 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Common jokes "around the campfire"....

Ken the HD guy was asked which voluptuous actress he'd like to be stuck in the elevator with. He said, "the one who knows how to fix elevators!"

We were at a seedy looking place near the tracks in a small Georgia town, chilling a bit after a long day's ride. A scantily clad young thing sidles up and asks Ken if he'd like super sex. He said, "What kind of soup?"

He can't help it, he's old.
RaYzerman likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:43 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

"My first car was a motorcycle."

So was mine.
red and Uncle Meat like this.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I'm older than you ReRose, but best thing I ever got was a good lift table. Best just set a medium pace and don't get in a hurry, and don't forget the afternoon nap. I try not to think about having to give this all up one day.
Too Funny and so true. Organizing your tools and getting everything in place certainly helps me and setting a relaxed pace to do the job is also important. I have to force myself to do this as I am a want it done now kind of personality. Even though I do those things I still hurt like crazy the next day if it is a tough job in a hot garage. I am in pretty good shape but at 64 I do not think it matters much, your going to hurt if your turning wrenches and worse if your getting your body in contorted positions. I wish I had a lift but use a PitBull jack to help my back Anything to keep you from bending, lying on the garage floor will minimize pain. Whether its riding my bikes, working on them, or anything else in life that is tougher to do when your older, I just keep telling myself, I ain't never giving in!! Naps help and so does a shot of Jack at the end of the day after a job well done

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The other thing I did was place 4' x 6' 3/4" thick horse stall mats in the bay for bikes. Definitely easier on the knees and elbows for those times one doesn't have a lift available. They are firm enough that sidestands and centerstands don't sink in, made of recycled tires, rubber smell goes away eventually. See your local Tractor Supply and watch for sales.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
And ****, that playmate is older than me... so that's been a while!

Even with a pretty stiff workout regimen, I can get good and sore working in the garage... but the way I know I'm getting old is: older and older females start to look better and better.
You mean like when you see a really hot teenage girl with her mother, and you are fantasizing about the mother...and then you realize that you are actually too old for the mother too?
Liquidsilver likes this.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2017 KTM Superduke GT
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I'm older than you ReRose, but best thing I ever got was a good lift table. Best just set a medium pace and don't get in a hurry, and don't forget the afternoon nap. I try not to think about having to give this all up one day.
Ray, I figure when I get to be your age i’ll have to sell my ridiculously fast red 14a and go with a much slower version like “candy cow Pie” ������

Truthfully my current motto is “ what I used to do all day,,,, now takes me all day to do!”

I took a part time job at the local o’reilly’s to help fund some of my projects and the discount is phenomenal but I really felt old when a youngin came in who was helping fix his buddies car and I spent about 1/2 hr explaining how a carburetor worked and what it really was. I got done and my co-workers including the manger all were looking at me with their mouths open,,, man I felt really old. I seem to have become the local carb/points/solid lifter adjustment “tech” guy,,, man I feel old !

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page