Saddlemen seats

Anybody given these a shot?

https://www.saddlemen.com/sport-styl...aha?search=%20
G P Jones likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I have Saddlemen seats on my 2016, and had them on my 2003 Honda ST1300 for years. However, they don't look like the ones in your link; mine have a carbon-fiber look to them. I guess they have changed the design since I can't find the carbon-fiber look on their website now. I think I actually like mine better.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Ok, can you give me your impression of them?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:03 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I can. They're sh!t. I had one on my 84 GL1200 when I did my first BBG back in 1998. Admittedly a more comfy platform than the FJR from the upshot. The Saddleman seat was physically painful after the 2nd tank of the day. It never got better even with more time off at refill stops. It got so bad, I almost called off the ride.

That's the one that I ended up trying beads, gel pads, air pads, and skins fruitlessly. It's when I learned that, by trying to save money by avoiding a Russell, I'd spent more.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 08-04-2019 at 10:06 AM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Yeah but that was 20+ years ago & on a different bike. I'm looking for current opinions on our FJRs.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

If you can handle the stock seat... the Saddleman doesn't appear to be much different, and of all the pics I've seen, same type of minor crown across the top and no wider or appreciably different shape than the stocker..... Your butt needs a better shape and some build-up on the sides to support you adequately, IMHO. All the other aftermarket choices seem to do this, especially those that get more positive reviews (Laam, Russell, Mayer, Adcox, Corbin (put another layer of foam on it), etc.).

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Farkle Trainee

If you want pretty, buy that Saddleman you suggested, Sargent, Yamaha Comfort, or a Corbin. If you want something that keeps your arse in the game for more than 2 hours at a time, get a Russell or Laam.
bounce and Bill Lumberg like this.

-Brent

2016 FJR1300A
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:51 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Iíve ridden on a stock seat, on a russell, on a Laam, and on a Sargent. The stock was bad for distance. The comfort was better. But not a lot better. The Sargent was simply bad. Even for a run to the store and back. Like a rock. When it came time for me to spend big dollars, because I do big miles, I looked for the opinions of a special subset- guys who were cheap with their purchasing decisions, and who also did long miles. Every one of them had spent the money on Laam or Russell. I bought Laam and would do it again.
bounce, passx and Blueridgerider like this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:13 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Hey! ^That's me too!

I'll stay in a $25-night fleebag motel in Portsmouth, OH, but I have learned my lesson about not playing around with anything but a Russell.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Gents- it ain't my first seat-rodeo. I'm well aware of the other brands, their positives/negatives, costs, build time, etc. & have owned a number of other aftermarket seats on my various bikes over 40+ years of riding. I've also read about them ad nauseum. I'm just looking at all options before I spend my $$ on a seat for my FJR and it appears only one of ya'll have the slightest experience w/this brand/seat. So while I appreciate your input/opinions, it doesn't answer my inquiry. Guess I'll have to wait and hear what the manufacturer has to say.

Mods- feel free to lock this thread or delete it.

Last edited by spectreman; 08-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page