Saddlemen seats - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:38 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Mods- feel free to leave it open.....

Perhaps the veritable plethora of LD riders who have tried everything from sheepskin to DIY seat recovering kits have just all overlooked Saddlemen. It could be a hidden gem. Try posting on the IBA forum. See if you can find anyone using a saddlemen seat there..... If they’re good seats, you’ll have little trouble finding folks that use them on their sport touring bikes.
Barry58 and passx like this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

IBA forum?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:54 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Iron Butt Association... the guys that do miles and miles.
OK, now I'll be more blunt... I don't have a Saddleman, but have seen one. Read two testimonials, but I have no first hand experience. They didn't like them for any more than a handful of hours (look real nice, but not much better than the stock seat).... I kinda doubt the IBA guys have one. I'd say put that money into something better. Check all the seat threads on any of the FJR forums... look at all the money spent until they settle on mostly Laam, Russell. Go to an FJR event where there are many bikes, ask to sit on one or borrow the seat for an hour... I have not seen any Saddlemans at the gatherings I've been at.
Barry58 likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Farkle Trainee

True "saddlemen" seat should look more like this, it's been around for decades, true and tough men were riding for days and nobody complained about sore ars 😉
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190723_115858_1565041001188.jpg (253.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190805_153936_1565041202797.jpg (147.5 KB, 16 views)
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I say again, "mine sucked and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone", over.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Farkle Trainee

I never had a Saddlemen seat but I bought a tail bag from them. One of 4 straps was faulty and I tried to get a replacement. After 2 attempts, they could not figure out how the strap was to be made. Pictures, phone conversations, nothing helped. It was one of the top worst customer service experiences of my life. I finally gave up and sewed up my own replacement.
bounce likes this.

'16 FJR1300ES
'10 WR250R
'78 SR500 Cafe Racer

Gone but not forgotten:
BMW K1200R
SRX600
XS850G
DRZ400S
GS1000GL
CL350 converted to CB
Bird 125 motocross
Jawa 50
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I have an older one with the carbon fiber type cover. It was on my bike when I bought it l have done five and six hundred mile days with it, but remember everyone's back side "likes" are not the same. If I ever change it l will have one custom made to fit me.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:42 AM
Training wheels fitted!

spectreman, I apologize; I don't have a Saddleman seat on my FJR or on my former ST1300. I have Sargent seats. I like the Sargents. I put 65,000 miles on the ST and have put about 20,000 on the FJR. I put over 900 miles on the FJR with the Sargent seat one day and it worked great.

I don't have any experience with the Saddleman.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
I never had a Saddlemen seat but I bought a tail bag from them. One of 4 straps was faulty and I tried to get a replacement. After 2 attempts, they could not figure out how the strap was to be made. Pictures, phone conversations, nothing helped. It was one of the top worst customer service experiences of my life. I finally gave up and sewed up my own replacement.
Bluz,,,,, you sure you weren’t dealing with the crew from Corbin or maybe Colorite, your post sounds exactly like my dealings with both of them. I will never understand a companies willingness to have such poor customer service. As bad as Corbin was/is I am amazed that they are still in business, same with Colorite but it seems that they are at least trying, not so much at Corbin, they just Suck!
bounce likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:44 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I’ve ridden on a stock seat, on a russell, on a Laam, and on a Sargent. The stock was bad for distance. The comfort was better. But not a lot better. The Sargent was simply bad. Even for a run to the store and back. Like a rock. When it came time for me to spend big dollars, because I do big miles, I looked for the opinions of a special subset- guys who were cheap with their purchasing decisions, and who also did long miles. Every one of them had spent the money on Laam or Russell. I bought Laam and would do it again.
I will be in the market for a better seat. I am attending the EOM and hope that there are vendors there where you might have a chance to try out the seats. Thanks Bill for this post as I have a good idea where to start looking.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page