FJR 1300 2019 road test video.

I don't know this guy - is he any good?

He says he doesn't like the style!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
The video seemed reasonable, but I find that the FJR fits a certain group of people that maybe this rider is not.

Somethings I would like to see is a better display and more customization, also lighted controls, better cornering lighting (2016A). I'm sure others have their own little wants different to mine.

2016A
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Training wheels fitted!

The guy had nothing but positive things to say, he just said its not his style. Fair enough... Not everyone likes the same thing.
bjoynes likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

He absolutely raved about the bike. I wonder what styling he likes? IMHO the FJR is the best looking sport tourer on the market.
bjoynes and jjscsix like this.

2016 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 KTM Super Duke R
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Barnstormer, this review is IMHO just another one of million other YouTube videos, today EVERYBODY and ANYBODY feels the urge to review something, and to make a bit of money from YouTube.

The review is "just ok" but there are much better reviews available, I.e. "Two wheels obsession", "The Missenden Flyer", "RevZilla" etc are all better.

This forum would be a good starting research point for the New potential FJR buyer, then watch some YouTube reviews, and once at the dealership, before you go and see the salesman, talk to some mechanics at the back first.

Ultimately you'll be the judge, do a proper test ride at the "Demo days" or at the dealer.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Very good and descriptive video. He even says the FJR was never in his "wheelhouse" and didn't know about it, but is now a fan. He even states what we all know, the FJR is BANG for the BUCK in comparison to the others. The only thing he wasn't realizing was the styling is designed for weather protection, that part, he missed the boat on. Sure it could be styled like the Tracer or the MT-10, but your sacrificing weather protection.

- Jim,
AMA and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Barnstormer, this review is IMHO just another one of million other YouTube videos, today EVERYBODY and ANYBODY feels the urge to review something, and to make a bit of money from YouTube.

The review is "just ok" but there are much better reviews available, I.e. "Two wheels obsession", "The Missenden Flyer", "RevZilla" etc are all better.

This forum would be a good starting research point for the New potential FJR buyer, then watch some YouTube reviews, and once at the dealership, before you go and see the salesman, talk to some mechanics at the back first.

Ultimately you'll be the judge, do a proper test ride at the "Demo days" or at the dealer.
I'm not up for this year's FJR - I don't see that a new one will do anything much better than the old 06 I've got.
I just put the review up as it appeared when I was on youtube looking at something else - Richard Proenneke.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstormer View Post
I'm not up for this year's FJR - I don't see that a new one will do anything much better than the old 06 I've got.
I just put the review up as it appeared when I was on youtube looking at something else - Richard Proenneke.

I ride 30,000 mile a year 6 days a week. Had a 2006 and now bought a 2018. Completely different bike. The 2018's engine feels like a turbine with the massive power band and the gear box is way smoother. Weather protection is better on the 2006.

Kris
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Farkle Trainee

I thought it was a great report. Very complimentary. It even looks like mine down to the tank loc tank bag ring lol.

2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page