Laam Custom Seats issue - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Angry Laam Custom Seats issue

Rode on my Laam Custom seats all last season. I wanted a couple things changed after I had plenty of “Break in” time on them. I sent them to Seth this spring and received a call from Seth saying he would have them done in a day or so. That was on May 15th. It’s July 3rd! Over 6 weeks! I’ve left numerous Voicemails and tried contacting him via the contact page on his website. I do not have a specific email for him. I have heard nothing! He doesn’t answer, doesn’t respond to messages.

I don’t know where to turn. I am afraid he closed up and I will not see my seats again nor the money I spent to have both front and rear seats custom. The seats (when I had them) were top notch, but I am beyond frustrated now.

Has anyone had recent contact with Seth?
Anyone know what course of action I can take? (Legal or otherwise)
Does anyone have an email address for him?

Previous Bikes:
1972 Honda CB350 (restored)
1968 Honda CB350 (cafe build in progress)
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1998 Honda Superhawk
1999 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 FJR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I tried to contact them about a seat but could never get a response either. Possibly a health emergency? I’m sure sorry you’re in this predicament, it must be something serious. Let us know what you discover.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

I hope that is not the case.

Previous Bikes:
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1998 Honda Superhawk
1999 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 FJR

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 01:32 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Typical, been hearing of communication woes with him every spring/summer for yrs. Keep trying, hopefully he's not in dire health straits.

Assuming you have a Gen2 or 3, if you need a seat for now you're more than welcome to borrow my spare stock ones for the price of delivery and return.
RaYzerman, Bill Lumberg and 2GENAE like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:25 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

His business model and summer overload always causes comms and seats to back up this time of year. Besides being seriously overwhelmed with seats spring through summer, anyone who wants to ride in for a make-it-while-you-wait goes to the head of the line. In summer, they’re almost non-stop. Which can delay seats waiting on the bench. I love my laam.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I had Seth build seats for me and although my butt did not accommodate his work he was excellent to deal with. Having a conversation about my build led us to talking about him moving from Kalifornia to somewhere east as in Tennessee or North Carolina area. He was tired of supporting all the deadbeats in Kalifornia and the state taking way too much money in taxes. The story repeats itself. Maybe he is moving? He does get busy this time of year.
As stated earlier we always see these non communication issues this time of year. He is not big corporate with HR, customer service dept, shipping dept, etc. If you just have to send your seat in during the busiest time of the year for adjustment be prepared for what you are going through. Just guessing if you waited until November this would not be an issue.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

What you have all said is true. However, when he called me and said it would be done in a day or 2. Which was over 6 weeks ago? He is so busy he can’t respond to email or phone? I am at the point where I just want it back. For the money I paid for 2 custom seats, I expect better customer relations and appreciation that I decided to give my hard earned money to him.

...And thanks for the seat offer Rbentnail. I have an uncomfortable seat I can get buy on.

Previous Bikes:
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1998 Honda Superhawk
1999 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 FJR

Last edited by Big Trout; 07-05-2019 at 11:00 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:36 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I've sent him both email and a info request via his website few months ago inquiring about alteration of the seat he made for me last year... but haven't heard back. Wasn't an urgent thing, so I let it slide for now, but there's definitely some communication issue going on.
bounce likes this.

2016 FJR1300A
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Typical, been hearing of communication woes with him every spring/summer for yrs. Keep trying, hopefully he's not in dire health straits.

Assuming you have a Gen2 or 3, if you need a seat for now you're more than welcome to borrow my spare stock ones for the price of delivery and return.
Would it be ok if I take you
Up on the borrow and return offer? I got a used seat lined up but he is waiting for his new ones to come in.

2006 fjr1300 50k silver. Iron butt fuel tank, Led pods, Corbin heated seat, all the touring fixings.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

The only legal action I can see is if you used a debit or credit card. Call the company and let them know services where paid for and not provided. They may pull the funding from him or at least get a response.

2006 fjr1300 50k silver. Iron butt fuel tank, Led pods, Corbin heated seat, all the touring fixings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page