Where did you order the seat !!!
Ha! I was waiting for someone to ask about that seat. That is a Top Sellerie, they are made and sold in France. They are or at least they were, available here. They look fantastic but they are not that comfortable. I would say that a short person might really like them. The Top Sellerie is rounded across the top rather than flat like the factory seat. It also pushes the rider very far forward. Like all the way against the tank forward.
The Top Sellerie was not comfortable but it was beautiful.
I agree with you almost completely. Almost.
1. There have been some spectacular rear subframe failures.
2. Yamaha put a warning sticker on the bike telling us NOT to put any weight up there.
3. The subframe failures are not common. They are real but they are infrequent.
4. The weak subframe started in '06.
5. I don't want to put a lot of weight that high and that far back anyway.
Where I agree with you 1000% is that it is just wrong to say, "THIS topcase is The Best". Just because I run it and like it doesn't mean that anyone else has to do it my way. I prefer the look of my Givi over the look of the factory cases but that does not mean everyone else has to feel that way.