Yet another top case support bracket question - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Farkle Trainee

Here are some more detailed pics of how the Yamaha aluminum rack mounts. I ended up getting mine powdercoated black to match the bike better. My stock plastic rack was black as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3065.jpg (204.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3066.jpg (234.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4347.jpg (342.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4463.jpg (343.4 KB, 23 views)
Redfish likes this.

2018 FJR1300ES
2018 Super Tenere ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Training wheels fitted!

You wrote: "flashing module with light kit for red/blue LED color”

Pix? From Givi or Add-On or who?
Plug and play?
Thanks
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevansmd View Post
You wrote: "flashing module with light kit for red/blue LED color”

Pix? From Givi or Add-On or who?

Plug and play?

Thanks
Here they are @tevansmd,

Switch
Amazon: Cat 6 Ethernet Cable 50 ft White...

Installed: https://youtu.be/_V_RN40_gto

Givi light kit & LED light probe
https://youtu.be/GE6cDkg9zHQ

Fuse block:

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

In the state where I live the state troopers are zealously protective of their blue lights. I could see that being a serious problem here.
Redfish likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Farkle Trainee

We all have reasons or preferences for justifying our purchases. Some people like capacity, or color, or shape or price when making decisions. All perfectly acceptable reasons imo. I bought my Givi 47 specifically because of Redfish's rear view posted pic in post 3 which I discovered back in June of last year when making accessory decisions. The size looked right to me, the shaped (more angular than round) seemed to match the angularity of the FJR's bags better than the more rounded Givi's, and the light panels matched the clear light panels of the FJR's taillight on my 2018A. A cohesive look IMO. The Givi is a much more expensive trunk than the one I had on my Honda ST 1300 for 11 years which cost $79 incl mounting plate and functioned perfectly for all 11 years and over 100,000 miles that I owned it. It was rounded and matched the more rounded shapes on the ST better imo. So although not as expensive as a Yamaha top case, the Givi was still a rather large expenditure in my mind. I also went with the SR 357 mount so highly recommended here on the forum. No issues installing mine at all, went right on. So far 11 months and 14,000 miles in, I am very happy with my choice. The Givi case holds more than I will put in it. It has functioned perfectly, easy on easy off, easy opening, easy closing, looks good to me. No issues at all.

We all like to think we have it figured out and made just the right purchases and that if everyone else would just buy what we have and they will be perfectly happy. But if that were the case we'd all be riding the same bike, same color, same windshield, same seat, same bar risers, same crash bars, same trunk, same helmets, same jackets, same gloves, same boots... basically clones just in different sizes. But that is not the case, and never will be with multiple people with different wants, needs desires and preferences. Listen to what others recommend, figure out what it is you like/prefer and buy it...and be happy with your decision. If you are not happy in the end, sell it and buy something else. So far, I'm happy.

Redfish, P.A. and drduct like this.

2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Nicely put. I have the same top case as yours, and I also bought GIVI light kit to go with it. To me, it's worth it. The connectors are well designed, you can install it within two hours and your top case will become alive.

Just my 2c

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Redfish likes this.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

@the Ferret , that was a wonderfully worded post. With most of the things we buy for our bikes and our riding gear there is not a One Right Answer. For every internet complaint there is a contradicting accolade.

I chose the V47 for exactly the same reasons you stated. The V46 goes okay with the factory side cases and looks good with the Gen1 and Gen2 fairings but the Gen3 fairing was much...sharper and more angular. I felt the V47 looked better on the Gen3. I also prefer the latch on the V47 over the V46. My Pop still prefers the look of his V46 on his Gen3. But it is HIS motorcycle and he likes what he likes.

An ST1300 you say? Was it awesome like my '04?

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
In the state where I live the state troopers are zealously protective of their blue lights. I could see that being a serious problem here.
That would be a problem anywhere in the United States, considering red, yellow, and amber are the only colors allowed as brake/running/signal lights.

2015 FJR1300A
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansmank View Post
I agree that the Yamaha 50L case is undoubtedly the preferred solution. It certainly, in my opinion, looks the nicest on the bike, as it was specifically designed for the bike. The fact that it can be keyed to the rest of the bike is a big major plus also.

But that $1000 price tag is a little daunting to me, and there is other farkling to get to....
Mine wasn't quite that bad, bought it 3 weeks ago from 'Yamaha Sports Palace'...the 50L top case was $537.89 and the alloy ( Yamaha ) Rear Rack was $199.09...total $736.98, plus shipping was $800.00 even.

Installing the new Rear Rack involves some plastic trimming from the rear side panels where the stock plastic rack goes into attach to the subframe, but with a handheld rotary cutter and some patience its not too bad a job.

Looks great, single key, correct installation, adds to the resale value. Gotta think ahead:

Jim

2016 FJR 1300A, GPS, bar risers, top case, touring windshield.
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
@the Ferret , that was a wonderfully worded post. With most of the things we buy for our bikes and our riding gear there is not a One Right Answer. For every internet complaint there is a contradicting accolade.

I chose the V47 for exactly the same reasons you stated. The V46 goes okay with the factory side cases and looks good with the Gen1 and Gen2 fairings but the Gen3 fairing was much...sharper and more angular. I felt the V47 looked better on the Gen3. I also prefer the latch on the V47 over the V46. My Pop still prefers the look of his V46 on his Gen3. But it is HIS motorcycle and he likes what he likes.

An ST1300 you say? Was it awesome like my '04?

Redfish, my ST 1300 was a wonderful motorcycle. Transported me and my wife comfortably all over the country. Wish Honda had seen fit to update it to keep it current in the sport touring market.

Redfish likes this.

2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page