I've been working on cleaning up the electrical in between other things, and since I had to button up the rear fender and tail light, might as well get the back end done. So everthing got a good scrub before it went on and now's the only chance to get into those places you can't get to. Here is a set of Hyperlites, and the lites themselves have been snipped off. Loverly white tape job just overjoys me, so I took it all off to see what's under there. Nothing special, just the Hyperlite workings, all tied into the bikes tail light harness.
I was undecided what to do with the Hyperlites, but decided to put stuff back together first, decide later. So this is with rear fender and tail light installed. I also took the opportunity to undo the tail light wires and re-route them in front of the subframe. You will also notice a hint of blue in the pic.
So this is what it looks like now... hey Mama Yama, you must have originally intended it to be this way!! There's more than enough wire... Jeez now we can actually change our tail light bulbs without fighting over everything. Got rid of the white tape, and thought about shrink tubing to make it look nice..... finally said no, so Hyperlites are gone, Postitaps removed and harness restored. Next guy or gal gets a clean slate and can customize to his/her preferences. Oh lookie, a bit more blue.
Well, back to what really has to get done. Installing the exhaust headers will let me finish up a whole bunch of things. So here we are, all done up. Wiring cleaned up, stock horns installed with original wires, radiator installed, rad hoses connected. The smaller hose is a bypass hose that comes off the water pump. Lower engine mount bolt is loose installed as there are frame sliders to install someday when the big blue pieces go on. Note the harness at the top with the white label is the recall harness for the ground spider, it adds some bulk as it is substantial.
Around the other side, rad hoses done, wiring done, stock horn, and had to replace the overflow hose as it was old and brittle/cracked and simply had seen too much heat over time. I used some clear tubing and wrapped it with foil duct tape as a heat shield. I'll tweak the routing once the overflow reservoir goes on. It should not be behind that coolant hose but outside of it. That hose BTW, is for the hot wax motor on the throttle bodies for the fast idle.
So here we go, reservoir installed, overflow hose re-routed and it makes it way down to the oil filter (in case you were wondering what that hose is down there). Now what the heck, let's pour in some koolaid. Marked the Low and Full marks and I did intentionally overfill it somewhat. When first cooling cycle occurs, some will get sucked into the rad, should end up at the full mark. I like full, I don't like minimums.
Ciao for now.