Hello from Moto-Skiveez - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Farkle Trainee

For those that have tried them, how did the size you ordered compare with the size of your regular undies?
I am a large for the briefs so should I get large in the Skiveez?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I wear extra L and that is what I ordered and they fit well. their size chart shows the waist size they fit. Seems pretty accurate.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Send a message via Skype™ to slupcho
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahanman View Post
For those that have tried them, how did the size you ordered compare with the size of your regular undies?
I am a large for the briefs so should I get large in the Skiveez?
Thanks for your interest in Moto-Skiveez. If anything our sizes tend to run a big bigger than most athletic style briefs. Our medium is 32"-34" and the sweet spot is more 34". Our large is 36"-38", and the feedback we are getting is that more 38ish is the best fit.

I usually recommend that if a person is in between size to opt for the smaller of the two choices. Our fabrics are quite stretchy, and I think the "Skiveez' perform a little better if they are more snug than loose.

I hope that helps and thanks again for considering Moto-Skiveez.

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Farkle Trainee

Thanks for the info.
Buying a pair tomorrow for a trip down to Columus and back to Toronto.
Should give me eough seat time to test.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Do they have a design for women also? My wife complains about the seem in her undergarments as well as a sore bottom and I wondered if this product would solve those issues?

2014 FJR1300ES Metallic Black
2000 VFR800 Blue
2007 WR450f Blue
I strive for perfection but have settled for less!
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Send a message via Skype™ to slupcho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmudder View Post
Do they have a design for women also? My wife complains about the seem in her undergarments as well as a sore bottom and I wondered if this product would solve those issues?
Although many women have worn our product, the base short is really designed for male anatomy. We are finalizing our women's short and it should be available very soon. Thanks for your interest in Moto-Skiveez®.
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Farkle Trainee

I knew how helpful these are on longer rides but tonight after sitting on hard bleachers for the fireworks I found they make a world of difference just for overall comfort. I'm ordering more!
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupcho View Post
Thought I might post up some information about our product if you are not familiar with Moto-Skiveez®. To begin with here is a video that explains a little about Moto-Skiveez®. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa8...=youtu.be&hd=1

Here are a few reviews; From Simon Thomas; http://www2.2ridetheworld.com/5876-moto-skiveez/

WebBikeWorld; http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motor...kiveez-review/

ADVPulse; http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products...rcycle-shorts/

Customer video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIQQSGv-Ok

Let me know if anyone has specific questions. Thanks for looking!
Hello,
thanks for your article.
I want to buy a pair but I am confused as to which type is suitable. My bike is a big Sports Tourer (FJR1300), half way between an adventure type upright position and a sports bike crouch.
Which of the three styles would you recommend?
Thank You.
Robin Currie
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Farkle Trainee

I would love to try one but I will wait to see if they are ever on sale. A little high for my wallet. I'm sure they are a good product though!

My bike styles may change, but I always ride daily! Riding is Life!
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Rocking Robin 'et al',

(Read post from Slupcho in this thread dated 01-29-2015 to start)

I have both the Adventure and the Cruiser models of Moto-Skiveez. I've ridden thousands of miles with each and they are both very good.

To begin, the Sport model is not suitable for an FJR as the padding is positions for a significant forward lean.

My FJRs both have bar risers (MCL on one and Motorrad on the other) - both these risers plates bring the bars up and back; therefore, my riding position is more upright than stock. I also have Laam seats which create a neutral seating position versus the stock seat which caused me to continuously slide forward (among other discomforts).

Based upon my experience, I suggest the following:

- if you have bars in the stock position and/or a stock seat, go for the Adventure model. The rationale is that the Adventure model provides better padding for the inner thighs and still provides good padding for the rear.

- if you have risers that bring the bars back and/or a seat that provides neutral seating, choosing either the Adventure or Cruiser models will work well. To determine which to buy, give consideration where your rear end connects with the seat and how you ride. If you primarily sit back on your rear and are prone to having the big sit bones getting sore, consider the Cruiser model. If you tend to sit forward a good portion of the time and back the other part of the time, coupled with your common discomfort points being more forward, consider the Adventure style.

These are both excellent products and in my view you can't go wrong with either model. They are stretchy is all directions, they do not cause overheating and they have add about 2 hours of comfort to my riding day. They can be worn for multiple days while on a trip and do not retain unpleasant odors. They are easy to wash in a hotel sink with a little mild soap and, when rolled in a towel to remove the bulk of the moisture, will dry overnight.

07FJRVegas
rbentnail likes this.

Last edited by 07FJRVegas; 09-24-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Adding info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page