6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Send a message via Skype™ to slupcho
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff jayed View Post
thanks slupcho I will be on the case tomorrow
Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Product interview

For anyone that is familiar with Greg White, here is a segment from "Greg's Garage" that shows a little more about Moto-Skiveez®. We come in about minute 4:40;
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

UK and AU sellers

I often get asked for the contact information for sellers of Moto-Skiveez® in other countries. Thought I would just post up for UK and down under;

Australia; http://shop.adventuremoto.com.au/buy...o-skiveez.html

UK; http://www.motolegends.com/base-laye...e-skiveez.html

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

ok Slupcho I chased down the Australian distributer it turns out he is based about 20klms from my place right on one of my regular day ride routes. It was very good of the distributer to meet me there on a Saturday (Valentines Day) he was not opening and I told him that I was doing a 3 day 1400klms trip the following week through a great and popular motorcycle route (thunderbolts way, Oxley hwy etc) and I was doing the trip with a lot of serious tourers so I needed something to help with the conversation at the bar/table besides the great corners and lonesome back roads, so hopefully they will prove to give me that little extra between pain stops. I have tried them on and sat on the bike when walking they feel like I have something in the back of my pants (have not had that feeling since I got out of nappies) and when sitting they certainly fill the gap between the rear tail bones which is a good sign. Even if they don't prove to give me any assistance my wife says they improve the shape of my butt so I can still wear them when we go out, of course if the improvement is to great she wont let me wear them out without her presence.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Effjayed,

Thanks for taking such great effort in acquiring Moto-Skiveez®. Most often the first time you put them on they might seem a little odd. We always recommend a few washes just to soften them from their initial manufactured condition, which is a little stiff. I will ad that most riders experience they tend to conform and soften a bit after an hour or so in the saddle. I know that I am always more comfortable after I wear them for a while. My opinion is that after they warm to body temperature and actually absorb some normal body perspiration the materials improve.

Regardless I'm glad that they improve your physical appearance. And if the misses likes the result, then all the better.....

Thanks again for the feedback. Safe travels!
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 02:14 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Hi Slupcho I just completed my 3 day trip of about 1400klms and as I had to leave after work as the others had the full day to get to destination 1 I had to knock off
350klms after 5.pm winch meant I was going to spent more that an hour in the saddle getting out of peak hour Sydney before I can hit the freeway after a short stop for some crap food on the run (why does the food always look better on the promotion photo) I was back in the saddle to complete the trip the next 2 days was great riding drinking eating and then back home so my verdict on the moto-skiveez (remembering I do this trip twice a year so my memory bank was armed and dangerous) is that I started to get the pain in the butt about the same time but the pain was easily more bearable for an extra 40 to 50 klms which meant I was able to get the extra klms I was hoping for so the verdict is
Bums up
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

sorry thumbs up
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff jayed View Post
Hi Slupcho I just completed my 3 day trip of about 1400klms and as I had to leave after work as the others had the full day to get to destination 1 I had to knock off
350klms after 5.pm winch meant I was going to spent more that an hour in the saddle getting out of peak hour Sydney before I can hit the freeway after a short stop for some crap food on the run (why does the food always look better on the promotion photo) I was back in the saddle to complete the trip the next 2 days was great riding drinking eating and then back home so my verdict on the moto-skiveez (remembering I do this trip twice a year so my memory bank was armed and dangerous) is that I started to get the pain in the butt about the same time but the pain was easily more bearable for an extra 40 to 50 klms which meant I was able to get the extra klms I was hoping for so the verdict is
Bums up
Very fair assessment. Obviously I would like to hear that you think these are the best garment that the universe has ever produced, but my realistic expectation is that they provide additional comfort and allow for extended riding.

For some people, the results a far more, but I would rather under promise and over deliver. I will never profess that Moto-Skiveez® are the end all and be all for riding motorcycles and that by wearing them you will never experience any riding discomfort. I think possibly the best description is from a riding buddy who stated "....I never realized how well they worked until I rode without them."

Thanks much for the feedback.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

They work

I just finished a three day 1400 mile trip averaging about 10 hours per day on the seat and the Moto Skiveez do work. Without them I was good for about six hours before I started squirming around, and I was ready to quit after eight hours.

The Adventure-style did not do miracles- but they did add about two hours to my comfort time, and when the soreness started, it was much less severe than usual. By the next morning, there was no residual soreness.

I took them off and washed them as soon as the day's ride was over and they dried out by morning, as advertised. Being a skeptic I started with one pair- and now that they are proven to work- I will get more.

Thanks for a good product !

2013 FJR 1300
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I have been wearing the Adventure for about 4 months now "Yes I have washed them" Although they seem to make it better there are some areas that still need improvement. I am going to order a pair of cruiser and give them a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page