Hello from Moto-Skiveez - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

I have a pair of the adventure ones and one of their cool tri-fold hats as well. I haven't really done enough long distance riding to say whether they make a great deal of difference.

IBA Number 57765.

2011 BMW R1200GS
2007 Yamaha FJR (Flooded by Harvey)
2009 Yamaha FZ6 (Sold 6/18/14)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Send a message via Skype™ to slupcho
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicpaige View Post
So which is recommended for the FJR rider? The Sport or Adventure style?
So here is my standard recommendation for FJR riders. Most consider the FJR a "Sport Tourer." For many, this might lead you to think you that the SPORT style Moto-Skiveez® is the best choice. However, our SPORT style is really intended for a true forward leaning, clip-ons under the top triple clams, type of position. This style has minimal padding beneath the sitting area with maximum focus on the inner groin/upper thigh region. This short functions very well for true "Sport" bikes, but falls short for almost any other riding positions.

So having said that, although we had a very specific intent for both our ADVENTURE and CRUISER styles, there is much cross over with these two designs. The primary differences are; for the CRUISER the padding is slightly firmer and more directly targeted beneath the Ischial Tuberocity bones, (the points at the end of your pelvic bone that you sit on) with very minimal padding extending into the groin. This style is intended more for a rider that is fairly stationary while riding, and where their knee is mainly horizontal to their hip. Also the rider's head should be positioned above the pelvis. This places most of the weight directly on the seating area.

For the ADVENTURE style, it has a slightly softer foam placed over a broader area in the seating region. The pad is articulated to accommodate a more versatile riding position, (forward or rearward movement) and it extends down into the inner thigh/upper groin region. It allows for a riding position where your knee would be below your hip joint. In most cases, this riding position will take some of the pressure from beneath the Ischial Tuberocity bones and transfer it into the area where the legs go over the seat.

So, to summarize, For most FJR riders, their position is such that very little pressure is placed in the inner thigh/upper groin region. This is especially true for taller rider's or riders with long legs. This would indicate a CRUISER style of Moto-Skiveez®. However I always advise the rider to evaluate their primary area of concerns. Regardless of what style of motorcycle you ride, if you have irritation in your butt and inner groin then our ADVENTURE style seems to perform best. If the irritation is targeted more directly beneath your sitz bones, the CRUISER is for you and if you notice that your main area of discomfort is not primarily under your butt, but in your groin, then SPORT is the way to go.

So I hope that helps to better clarify how to choose which style might work best for you. My impression is SPORT-Skiveez rule on true crotch rocket race bikes. The ADVENTURE and CRUISER are almost interchangeable, but do have specific feature that make them perform differently. Thank again for considering Moto-Skiveez®.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Farkle Trainee

Thanks for the detailed response, will order some "adventures" tomorrow.

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicpaige View Post
So which is recommended for the FJR rider? The Sport or Adventure style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slupcho View Post
if you have irritation ..... then our ADVENTURE style seems to perform best. If the irritation is ..... the CRUISER is for you ..... area of discomfort ..... then SPORT is the way to go.

That's quite the non-answer to the question...

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
if you have irritation ..... then our ADVENTURE style seems to perform best. If the irritation is ..... the CRUISER is for you ..... area of discomfort ..... then SPORT is the way to go.

Love your editing, by chance are you a political reporter??

Just trying to offer some suggestions to allow for individual selection.
strublet likes this.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:

You provided great info that makes sense and helps, it is just that some people on this forum really enjoy give others a hard time for questions and answers.

2018 BMW RnineT Racer
2013 FJR1300
2013 VRSCDX (Sold)
2012 Shadow Phantom (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (Sold)
1977 Suzuki GS400 (Death by Stupid Cager)
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Farkle Trainee

Many thanks for the thorough explanation.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I was wondering the same about that answer- very on-the-fence, indecisive carp we're used to hearing from politicians and salesmen. I actually took the time to read and analyze it to realize it was more wishy-washy sales speak than substance or an answer to a specific question.

Me? I'm just a very tecnically-oriented type of guy who is used to getting an answer to a question rather the usual song & dance.

So, some specific questions about your product:

- for the adventure style, how thick is the padding? Some of us are height challenged already and how much higher we will be sitting is a real concern.

- are the materials used in construction moisture wicking? My southeastern hot and muggy summers dictate moisture removal or the skin becomes a gooey, itchy, irritatingly painful blob in short order.

- are there any special washing instructions? Needed info when traveling.

- does the padding absorb moisture? If so, how long does it take to dry out? Is it removable to wash & dry separately (quicker)?

If I think of any more I'll be sure to ask. Now, how 'bout that Forum discount?

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rbentnail; 01-31-2015 at 01:01 PM.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

Have you been to the website and read about the product and also read the reviews ?
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
that's quite the non-answer to the question...

Actually i was wondering the same about that answer- very on-the-fence, indecisive carp we're used to hearing from politicians and salesmen. I actually took the time to read and analyze it to realize it was more wishy-washy sales speak than substance or an answer to a specific question.

Me? I'm just a very tecnically-oriented type of guy who is used to getting an answer to a question rather the usual song & dance. sorry, i think there is no "absolute" right or wrong. I thought i would try to give information that would allow the rider to decide what is best for their particular circumstance. But just for you...let me summarize;
discomfort directly beneath your butt only in the seating area-cruiser.
Discomfort beneath your butt but also in the inner thigh/upper groin area-adventure.
If you ride a sport bike, cafe racer or any bike that positions your upper body at about a 50 degree or less forward lean then-sport.

so, some specific questions about your product:

- for the adventure style, how thick is the padding? Some of us are height challenged already and how much higher we will be sitting is a real concern.
-none of our pads are more than 8mm thick at their thickest part.

- are the materials used in construction moisture wicking? My southeastern hot and muggy summers dictate moisture removal or the skin becomes a gooey, itchy, irritatingly painful blob in short order.
-absolutely, there are numerous testimonials of people wearing our product in very hot conditions where they comment on the performance.

- are there any special washing instructions? Needed info when traveling.
-comes with the product, basic care. We recommend either hand wash or machine wash gentle and hang dry.

- does the padding absorb moisture? If so, how long does it take to dry out? Is it removable to wash & dry separately (quicker)?
-if you are talking about washing, dry time is more a factor of the environment. If it is cold and humid it will obviously take much like than if it is hot and dry. All of the materials are synthetic and many users are able to wash these on the road and have them dry by the next days ride. I would refer you to page seven of this review; http://www2.2ridetheworld.com/5876-moto-skiveez/

if i think of any more i'll be sure to ask. Now, how 'bout that forum discount? because we have a pricing agreement in place with my sellers, I really cannot offer a discount. I hope you can appreciate that if you are a business offering a product, you would not want to be competing against the manufacturer in discounting. Since we are a new product with, what I feel, are very unique features, I want to try and maintain value......
[/quote]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page