Rookie in Houston just wanting to say hello! - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Rookie in Houston just wanting to say hello!

Hello Fellow FJR connoisseurs and aficionadoís,
I recently made the drive from Houston to Florida to take possession of my new sweetheart, an 05/FJR (abs) with 315 miles on the O.D.. Iíve enjoyed the technical and comical postís and have already learned a great deal about what to expect from my bike in the future. Thanks much to those members who suggested D&H Cycles for the Y.E.S. policyÖsaved me mucho denario! Iím 49 years old and the FJR is my 28th motorcycle since age 12ÖIíve also owned one Harley FLHT/P as a biker cop, but I donít include that with my list of motorcycles. So far, my favorite bikes have been the Hayabusa, 929, V-Max, Blackbird (for thrills) and GL1800 (for comfort with mama). The FJR is rapidly gaining a spot on that list as she causes me to reminisce about the roll-on ability of the Blackbird yet appears to have the fit/finish and quality control of my old BMW K1200RS without the high maintenance and 93 octane requirement. Just wanted to say hello and that Iím looking forward to the wit and wisdom of the members of this forum. Thanks for the helpful input and good day to all, RickeyD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Welcome Rick, I was in Houston last weekend visiting the folks on the SW part of town.

You are going to enjoy the board and the bike even more.

Glenn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 01:36 AM
FJR Top Gun

Welcome to the dark side RickeyD. It's taken a while but the Force is now strong with this one.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page