NewB from the Bay Area - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

NewB from the Bay Area

Hi everybody. I just wanted to drop a quick line to introduce myself....I currently own a Harley Softail which I'm extremely bored with and I'm extremely interested in upgrading to an FJR. I figured this would be a good place to come and read up on the bike so that I can make an educated purchase. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:29 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

A great bike for a great area to ride.

Welcome.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 01:49 AM
FJR Top Gun

Go for it

You won't regret it

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Farkle Trainee

Newbie in SF area

The FJR is like entering a different time zone. Beg or borrow one and ride to Mendocino or down to Monterey, your HD will feel like a Buick 225 while the FJR is a Porshe. I spent 18 years in the Bay area, and wish I had this bike every time I think about the coast roads. You are in for a treat, and bored you will never be.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Re: NewB from the Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslingr77
I currently own a Harley Softail
That's kind of like a motorcycle.

The FJR will open a whole new world of cornering, braking, accelerating, long distance comfort, engine smoothness, fuel range, etc.

No do-rags, please. It's a great bike, if you get one of whatever vintage, you'll enjoy it and want to ride it often. You do live in a great place to ride. Hope you'll go to the MotoGP in a few weeks, it's just down the block from you in Monterey. You'll see bikes doing things Harley's can only dream of.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Training wheels fitted!

newb from the bay area

stratslinger, I'm guessing you play guitar?? Maybe a Stratocaster???Anyway, I've had quite a few bikes in 40 years, including a Harley. I like the way a Harley sounds and feels, but I'm much more into bike performance. Even the fastest Harley will never handle as well as an FJR, nor be as reliable, or smooth, or even as fast. Your back will feel better too, as the semi crouch of the FJR means you can keep your weight off of your back and keep your back straight. Harleys feel good for a few miles. Not to be self-promoting, but if you want to sign up for a tour (pashnittours.com), maybe we could switch bikes for a while so you could try mine out. The only thing better than my FJR ('04), is a new one! I've got mine pretty well dialed in though by now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page