Garage
Ducati Desmosedici RR

Check out this clip

http://londonbikers.com/files/desmosedici_straight.mp3

Wonderful want one now!

This is the main page
http://londonbikers.com/article/fc08...9-2b543791f42c

FJR gone sorry chaps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Saw that. Little pricey, eh? Wonder if the local mechanics would know what to do with it. Wonder if it would even run on the street. Wonder if that motor would fit in an ST4S.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Farkle Trainee

IMHO Ducati should rationalise a lot of their low sales volume products and move to the 16valve 90deg V4 as their base engine. They don't all have to be capable of 17000 rpm - thats just crazy - might as well go to a turbine but a compact engine construction using this basic design platform would give Ducati further room for development over the V twin which seems close to fully exploited. Then we would maybe see racing and true competition based on engine displacement as opposed to the current "negotiated" classes..........politics in sport sucks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:43 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenz
over the V twin which seems close to fully exploited.
I totally agree with you on 'no politics.' Keep the displacement equal, regardless of configuration. The 749s aren't hanging in supersport, even with the advantage. But Bayliss seems to have found a little magic left in that skinny little twin he's riding, and none of the inline-fours are pulling him in the straights, either.

I must admit, with a 996 v-twin as my first 2-banger... it often leaves me scratching my head. I KNOW WELL what the turbo rush of FZ1s, FJRs, 600RRs and R1s feel like, and the Duc doesn't give that feeling... but when I'm out riding with them... they just don't pull away. One day, I was out on the ST4S with a ZZR1200, an FZ1 and an ST1300. In the twisty bits, nothing leaves the Duc. I figure, "this is her strong point." She exits a corner with everything she's got... no turbo-lag. But when we hit an airstrip-straight piece of road that runs between lead mines in the middle of nowhere, I was expecting to be left tooling with the ST1300, as I'm accustomed with the FJR. This crazy Italian hung pretty well with the ZZR... with buddy on the FZ1 in full tuck in the rear views. Including the big mine-road sweepers, the GPS said our average speed for that 20 minutes was 143mph-actual. Still scratching my head over that one.

I'm an ultimate horsepower junkie, but these little twins DO have their charm.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

That exhaust note made the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver
I'm an ultimate horsepower junkie, but these little twins DO have their charm.
Lightweight, well balanced and get through the air well and that SOUND - they are great bikes - pleasurable at a lot of levels.

But if Ducati wants to be more than a niche market they need to lift the head and look around at where the money trail leads. Where are the sales numbers. They need a "magic bullet" in their marketing where their very sophisticated and "less is more" approach is matched with extreme power and torque. Doesn't have to be a $70,000 race replica just WOW the masses and make money. BMW bit the bullet a while back with the KS and KR but these bikes are not "essential", nimble creatures like the Italians come up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page