FJR Owners Forum banner

new FJR owner

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  wczimmerman 
#1 ·
So i have been a long time admirer of the FJR. I finally put a deposit down on a 2013 with 42K miles. With winter we have snow, ice and salt slop on the roads so i will likely trailer it home in an enclosed trailer. The 2013 color is a bit odd but not the worst. I purchased the bike at a BMW dealer and over the years i have noticed they sell all their non BMW inventory at reasonable prices. It has Russell day long seats, added engine and bag guards and aftermarket massive Vstream windshield. I have an Africa Twin and a Yamaha YZ250 in the garage already. I am not really a canyon carver but more off road riding and racing. So this will be my long distance bike. Looking forward to lots of miles on the FJR.
Rethy

#7 ·
I like the 2013 colour, subtle but hawt!! And the only FJR model with the nice black stripe on the side panels

#9 ·
Howdy. Welcome to the forum.

Have you noticed that when you park your bike in the sunlight, you see a hint of bronze under the grey. Looks good, but it would be a PITA to color match. I sort of wish that MamaYama would pick stock automotive colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.