New guy - just bought a '14 FJR1300A! - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 12:28 PM
Member
Trainee Sport Tourer
 
moparman70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Oceanside CA
Posts: 49
Send a message via MSN to moparman70 Send a message via Yahoo to moparman70
Love the bike and I have the same --- that smuggler is a great find and to already have it on the bike a bonus. Did you get a goody bag with some spare parts along with the purchase -- as there are small covers for the mounting holes that the bags fit into that come with a new bike. 6 covers in all 4 for the top section and two for the underneath ( those you don't really see so not as important). Anyways the little buggers are expensive to buy from yamaha for what they are so hopefully you have them too -- if not its only money.

Wealth of info on the page and you always find out something that you need to know -- for me its your post and finding out I can get matching side covers --- for 85 each.

Last one was the side bag yamaha decal -- its a common problem with the side bags for the Yamaha part to go missing typically its the right side... -- if you look the part number up for the 2014 you only get the entire part for if I remember correct 80 bucks or more--- trick is to look at a 2012 or earlier and you can just order the Yamaha decal itself and glue it on -- 12- 14 bucks.

Welcome --

1986 FJ1200
1984 NiNJA 900 ( sold )
1990 FJ1200
2014 FJR1300

FZS and FX Waverunners
moparman70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 01:47 PM
Junior Member
Training wheels fitted!
 
Fanbelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Midland TX
Posts: 13
Any bike with true dual exhaust like the FJR looks awesome!!
skippy344! likes this.
Fanbelt is offline  
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 01:48 PM
Junior Member
Training wheels fitted!
 
Fanbelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Midland TX
Posts: 13
Im looking at a 14 A model myself tomorrow!
RedRockFJRider14 likes this.
Fanbelt is offline  
 
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
Farkle Trainee
 
skippy344!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Aggieland, Texas
Posts: 215
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanbelt View Post
Any bike with true dual exhaust like the FJR looks awesome!!

Of course I say this, but the Two Brothers that I have on my CBR, that goes right under the tail section looks pretty bad-ass. And it is a 4-into-two-into-one.

I say the same about the Termignoni exhaust I put on my friend's 2007 Yamaha R1. It, too, looked pretty bad-ass.

But I do like my four-into-two.

'06 FJR1300A - Orion the Hunter

Greg

Old Corral

1977 Yamaha YZ-80 - Dirty Girl
1978 Yamaha YZ-125 - Dirt in the Shirt
1976 Yamaha XS500 - Old Blue
1980 Yamaha XS850SG - Twisted Triple or "TT"
1980 Yamaha XS11SG - Scorpion
1998 Kawasaki Voyager XII - Kermit

Family Member bikes
1982 Yamaha XJ650J - Whole Lotta Rosie
1982 Yamaha Virago 750 - "V"
2007 Honda CBR600RR - Holy S&!T
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S - Tiny Spock
skippy344! is online now  
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
Trainee Sport Tourer
 
RedRockFJRider14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy344! View Post
Of course I say this, but the Two Brothers that I have on my CBR, that goes right under the tail section looks pretty bad-ass. And it is a 4-into-two-into-one.

I say the same about the Termignoni exhaust I put on my friend's 2007 Yamaha R1. It, too, looked pretty bad-ass.

But I do like my four-into-two.



My '89 FJ1200 had a SuperTrapp 4-into-1 on it that looked great and sounded even better!

2014 FJR1300A

Burning it up in the Desert Southwest

'82 Honda CR250
'83 Honda XL250R
'82 Yamaha Seca 750
'82 Honda V45 Sabre
'90 Suzuki Katana 750
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
RedRockFJRider14 is online now  
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Member
Trainee Sport Tourer
 
RedRockFJRider14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 44
Update:

Took the MSF Basic course last weekend, was actually an enjoyable weekend, was fun puttering around the lot on the little Suzuki 250's. Was a bit chilly on Sunday though, about 45 degrees, overcast and windy, but the hours still went by quickly.

Made it into the DMV on Thursday and now have my motorcycle endorsement back on my license after a 19 year hiatus.


Yesterday put about 150 miles on the bike - feeling the rustiness of being off a bike for so long fading away, and starting to feel natural while on the bike.

Got the bike up to speed yesterday, and got into the power a bit. Man the FJR has got POWER TO SPARE.
Have been leaving the bike in the more relaxed power mode, and only once yesterday put it into the sportier mode and ripped through the gears a couple of times on a desolate empty desert highway. There IS a big difference. I actually am glad Yamaha put a sedate mode into the bike for everyday puttering around.

Looking forward to more miles!
maximrebel and rbentnail like this.

2014 FJR1300A

Burning it up in the Desert Southwest

'82 Honda CR250
'83 Honda XL250R
'82 Yamaha Seca 750
'82 Honda V45 Sabre
'90 Suzuki Katana 750
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
RedRockFJRider14 is online now  
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
Farkle Trainee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockFJRider14 View Post
Update:

Took the MSF Basic course last weekend, was actually an enjoyable weekend, was fun puttering around the lot on the little Suzuki 250's. Was a bit chilly on Sunday though, about 45 degrees, overcast and windy, but the hours still went by quickly.

Made it into the DMV on Thursday and now have my motorcycle endorsement back on my license after a 19 year hiatus.


Yesterday put about 150 miles on the bike - feeling the rustiness of being off a bike for so long fading away, and starting to feel natural while on the bike.

Got the bike up to speed yesterday, and got into the power a bit. Man the FJR has got POWER TO SPARE.
Have been leaving the bike in the more relaxed power mode, and only once yesterday put it into the sportier mode and ripped through the gears a couple of times on a desolate empty desert highway. There IS a big difference. I actually am glad Yamaha put a sedate mode into the bike for everyday puttering around.

Looking forward to more miles!
Nice!

It is amazing how much experienced riders can learn in the BRC. In about 6 months, take the Experienced Rider course on your motorcycle. It will help you 'become one' with your ride.

Blchandl2
'15 FJR1300 (Primer)
PEACE, Something to shoot for.
blchandl2 is offline  
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 08:42 PM
Member
Trainee Sport Tourer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Coon Rapids Mn.
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockFJRider14 View Post
Update:

Took the MSF Basic course last weekend, was actually an enjoyable weekend, was fun puttering around the lot on the little Suzuki 250's. Was a bit chilly on Sunday though, about 45 degrees, overcast and windy, but the hours still went by quickly.

Made it into the DMV on Thursday and now have my motorcycle endorsement back on my license after a 19 year hiatus.


Yesterday put about 150 miles on the bike - feeling the rustiness of being off a bike for so long fading away, and starting to feel natural while on the bike.

Got the bike up to speed yesterday, and got into the power a bit. Man the FJR has got POWER TO SPARE.
Have been leaving the bike in the more relaxed power mode, and only once yesterday put it into the sportier mode and ripped through the gears a couple of times on a desolate empty desert highway. There IS a big difference. I actually am glad Yamaha put a sedate mode into the bike for everyday puttering around.

Looking forward to more miles!
Dont do what i did & forget to put it in sport mode when you race someone. I was riding with a gold wing all day out in Montana on some big open roads & couldnt figure out why i wasnt smoking him. We rannem every which way & all the races were pretty even. When i finally remembered to put it back in sport mode he wouldnt race anymore.
Jim W is offline  
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-15-2020, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
High-G FJR Junkie!
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Rolling Prairie, Ind
Posts: 3,018
Hate to burst your bubble fellaís but there is zero power differences between sport & touring modes. Itís only a response thing where the sport mode is a 1 to 1 throttle vs a dampened throttle response in touring, no additional power ! Touring just takes the twitchiness out of the throttle, helps in the rain & slick surfaces. Sorry !
duece228 likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
passx is offline  
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-15-2020, 10:01 AM
Member
Trainee Sport Tourer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Coon Rapids Mn.
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Hate to burst your bubble fellaís but there is zero power differences between sport & touring modes. Itís only a response thing where the sport mode is a 1 to 1 throttle vs a dampened throttle response in touring, no additional power ! Touring just takes the twitchiness out of the throttle, helps in the rain & slick surfaces. Sorry !
Steve, I respectfully & HEAVILY disagree. Ive read that in different places, but its not my experience at all. I put it in touring mode when shes on back cuz it tames it down quite a bit so were not smacking helmets.
Jim W is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome