Should I wait? - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I really appreciate all the comments and time this community is offering me. I will wait until February and start my search in earnest. I really like the gen III, but I see the value in an '08. I thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Should I wait?

I thank you all for your comments and advice. "But it is a HUGE exercise in mental control and panic control", is an accurate statement. I get paid twice a month. On payday I put the allotted monies in my Moto Fund and I feel empowered. The day after payday it feels like a long wait for next influx, or "fix" if you will. I really enjoy my job so my work day goes by quickly. In fact, the only thing that feels quicker than a day, is a week. In no time another payday shows up and I am just a little older. Where is that fountain of youth? Could it be at the end of this journey? I concede not, but I will grow older on the saddle of the right FJR.

I thank you all once again.
Karl.
skippy344! likes this.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnKarl View Post
Where is that fountain of youth? Could it be at the end of this journey? I concede not, but I will grow older on the saddle of the right FJR.

Karl.
Honestly, I dont know that there is any "wrong" FJR.. Once you get one, spend some time on it, you'll understand. I mean one gen may have this quirk, and another gen may have that quirk, But they are all right !
rbentnail likes this.

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I thank you all for your comments and advice. "But it is a HUGE exercise in mental control and panic control", is an accurate statement. I get paid twice a month. On payday I put the allotted monies in my Moto Fund and I feel empowered. The day after payday it feels like a long wait for next influx, or "fix" if you will. I really enjoy my job so my work day goes by quickly. In fact, the only thing that feels quicker than a day, is a week. In no time another payday shows up and I am just a little older. Where is that fountain of youth? Could it be at the end of this journey? I concede not, but I will grow older on the saddle of the right FJR.

Karl.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 05:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

As would I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I'd go with the '13 and up.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2020, 10:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnKarl View Post
I really appreciate all the comments and time this community is offering me. I will wait until February and start my search in earnest. I really like the gen III, but I see the value in an '08. I thank you all.

why wait until Feb >> when you find the deal you want.. buy it..could be tomorrow..could be January ...

2010 FJR 1300 2003 Suzuki bandit 1200

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page